2021 Raptor Is a Total BUST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a total bust, but without a significant upgrade to the engine it definitely feels more like a mid-cycle refresh than a next gen platform. I wish my Gen2 had the big screen and rear coilovers - those are my two main gripes with the truck. Not buying a new one until I can get a supercharged V8...

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
people said the same thing when the gen 2 was announced with a v6. and the v6 will likely continue to dominate sales.
Of course it will. It’s called a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks are subjective but to me the Gen2 looks a lot better than the Gen3. Opinions vary of course.

Unless Ford comes out with a V8 later I will hold onto my new 2020 Gen2. I bought it because of all the rumors of Ford dropping the Supercab even though it does have a V6. I don't want, don't need, nor will I ever buy a 4 door truck.

A friend of mine owns the local Dodge dealership and wanted me to buy a new TRX. I have a Challenger Hellcat Redeye that I love that I bought there but I told him unless they made one in an extended cab version I was not buying. Same with the Raptor. No 4 door truck for me.

I wont be upgrading until the SCABs return!

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
on a side note, even the dodge ceo says v8's are on their deathbed and i think its coming faster than people realize. so what are the thoughts from the v8 only crowd?

I'm a V8 guy. Always have been and always will be. Trucks and V8's go hand in hand, imo. As an owner of a GEN 1 Raptor from the beginning, the GEN 2 was a huge problem for me when it first debuted. Sounded like crap and it didnt fit the rugged look of the Raptor. Unfortunately, Ford is becoming anti-V8 and that blows. They couldve done a small displacement "ecoboost" V8 making 550hp to satisfy everyone. I think they alienated a lot of people with their constant push for the ecoboost engines in everything. That said, I like the looks of this new Raptor as it resembles my GEN 1 from the front a bit. I dont know if I can do the ecoboost V6 or wait it out for the V8. The issue with the upcoming V8 will be cost, availability, and ADM. Who wants to pay close to or over $100K for a pickup? Crazy. Might have to just try out the ecoboost(ugh) and see if I like it.

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was worried the Gen 3 would make our Gen 2's look outdated overnight. No longer worried about that. The Gen 1's are still classically good looking and the Gen 3 is an incremental evolution in looks from the Gen 2. And not in a good way IMO. No rush to purchase for me. Maybe the R if our economy hasn't tanked by then.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a V8 guy. Always have been and always will be. Trucks and V8's go hand in hand, imo. As an owner of a GEN 1 Raptor from the beginning, the GEN 2 was a huge problem for me when it first debuted. Sounded like crap and it didnt fit the rugged look of the Raptor. Unfortunately, Ford is becoming anti-V8 and that blows. They couldve done a small displacement "ecoboost" V8 making 550hp to satisfy everyone. I think they alienated a lot of people with their constant push for the ecoboost engines in everything. That said, I like the looks of this new Raptor as it resembles my GEN 1 from the front a bit. I dont know if I can do the ecoboost V6 or wait it out for the V8. The issue with the upcoming V8 will be cost, availability, and ADM. Who wants to pay close to or over $100K for a pickup? Crazy. Might have to just try out the ecoboost(ugh) and see if I like it.
solid answer, respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter