2021 Raptor 98 Miles Blown Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s entirely BS. If you’ve needed 4 sets of fuel injectors replaced at 40k intervals you are using some seriously low quality fuel.

@FordTechOne on direct injection engines we do not clean the injectors rather replace them. If Raptor owners think injector failure at 40-50k is unacceptable i say stay away from bmw, and audis

Reaction score
That’s entirely BS. If you’ve needed 4 sets of fuel injectors replaced at 40k intervals you are using some seriously low quality fuel.
I said they need to be cleaned. If you think you are getting optimal horsepower and NOT cleaning your injectors, you are sadly mistaken. Ethanol (87 octane fuel is up to 10% ethanol) clogs injectors no matter the quality of the fuel you have. Get educated my friend.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said they need to be cleaned. If you think you are getting optimal horsepower and NOT cleaning your injectors, you are sadly mistaken. Ethanol (87 octane fuel is up to 10% ethanol) clogs injectors no matter the quality of the fuel you have. Get educated my friend.

No need to end your rant with stating @FordTechOne needs to “get educated “. He is probably one of the more respected members on this forum. Always willing to provide valuable information and assists all FRF members. We would be lost without his insight!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are you coming up with these myths? 10% ethanol is not going to clog fuel injectors. You would have system lean codes long before you’d have any driveability issues or loss of power. If your injectors are clogging up, you have a fuel quality issue, not an ethanol issue.

Reaction score
Where are you coming up with these myths? 10% ethanol is not going to clog fuel injectors. You would have system lean codes long before you’d have any driveability issues or loss of power. If your injectors are clogging up, you have a fuel quality issue, not an ethanol issue.
There are about 10 different companies around the USA that clean gasoline fuel injectors. Everyone will tell you ethanol is their best friend. These companies service and clean over 100,000+ injectors per year. Take a Raptor with 50K miles on it and pull the injectors and put them on a test bench and look at the flow. It will be nowhere near 100% optimal and some will be far below 50% efficient. Please get educated - you have ZERO idea what you are talking about.