2021 Raptor 98 Miles Blown Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok if you just read the manual and the break-in procedure we would not be having this conversation. You cannot accelerate until it his 1500 miles!!!:p

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I did not take a rental, would rather drive my spare, '05 Sequoia, than a little car or bare bones F-150.

Go back and tell them you want a rental. Unless they is some financial prodding, they may just get to it when they get to it. They usually have to pay a local rental car company to put you in something.

agerman

Reaction score
Is there any way you can locate the parts yourself from other dealers? I figured there would be some out there due to how long this motor has been in service. Obviously, you just bought the truck and not wanting to spend unnecessary funds but I would consider it myself. Especially If the dealer is as you say. They aren’t going to do the legwork for you. I had a customer do this when his truck went in to the shop for parts. The dealer only called ford, he called other dealers or went on their site to find it.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ADM is not part of either a Ford buy back or a Lemon Law suit which is against a manufacturer, so as previously mentioned: Money pay over MSRP is gone.

Plus, vehicle history will typically reveal a buy back. Lemon law buy backs in some states will “scarlet letter” the truck title.
False, they have to refund you every penny minus the useage miles (there's a calculator online). OP was probably smart in not taking a loaner car, although they'd likely have to give you a Raptor since the law requires a comparable vehicle. If they tried to argue a base F-150 is comparable, then point to the ADM you paid.

OP--I'd send an email to the GM/Service manager etc. at the dealership letting them know that as of (whatever date) your 30 day clock has started. They'll have to refund you their ADM, which I'm sure they don't want to do. I'm willing to bet the GM gets someone from Ford on the line stat to get the parts to repair the truck. Plus, if you do lemon the truck, it's forever branded on the title and they can't just fix it and turn around and sell it as new. I've been through two of these, it's not as bad as some may think. You can also find lemon law attorneys in your area that'll gladly take the case as the tort mandates that their fees are paid as well. I've made out positive on both of my cases, and chalked it up to the PITA fee.

Here's the law directly from the TX DMV website: https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law

30-day test​

You pass the 30-day test if your vehicle has been out of service for repair because of a defect covered by the original factory warranty:

• For a total of 30 days or more - not necessarily all at one time - during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles (if a comparable loaner vehicle was provided while the vehicle was being repaired, that time does not count toward the 30 days) a substantial defect still exists.

CZECHSIX

Reaction score
Well , don't know where your at , but all of the parts show good out of Memphis, so if your an east coast raptor , you are correct, it should be 1 day with fedex , or worst case 2 days if they didn't emergency order it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Here's the law directly from the TX DMV website: https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law

30-day test​

You pass the 30-day test if your vehicle has been out of service for repair because of a defect covered by the original factory warranty:

• For a total of 30 days or more - not necessarily all at one time - during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles (if a comparable loaner vehicle was provided while the vehicle was being repaired, that time does not count toward the 30 days) a substantial defect still exists.

interesting stuff. TX is definitely a little different than your normal ‘model’ LL statutes, particularly since .gov is involved from the jump. You only have 24 months / 24k miles. They do say they cover the purchase price if DMV orders it. To me that includes add ons, I’ll defer to anyone who’s prevailed in a _TX_ LL suit. Mine was not in TX.

OP--I'd send an email to the GM/Service manager etc. at the dealership letting them know that as of (whatever date) your 30 day clock has started. They'll have to refund you their ADM, which I'm sure they don't want to do. I'm willing to bet the GM gets someone from Ford on the line stat to get the parts to repair the truck.

You should never tip your hand about filing suit ahead of time. If you do, your service record could be flagged. Every dealer where you bring the vehicle, expect it to be gone over with a fine toothed comb, possibly requiring regional rep to inspect before anyone even touches the vehicle. They’re looking for any possible reason to deny coverage, particularly abuse. It’s always best to keep this information to yourself so as to preserve the relationship with the service staff. Although in this case there isn’t much of a relationship to speak of.

Here’s an interesting thing I noticed:

Refund​

The manufacturer must buy back the vehicle for the purchase price (including taxes, title and license fee) minus an amount charged for vehicle use. The amount deducted is decided according to a formula, (see spreadsheet links below) that takes into account the number of miles on the vehicle at the time of the hearing and other factors. This does not include any interest paid on the vehicle.

Note that you sue the manufacturer, not the stealership as in other states. You win, Ford or whomever manufactured the vehicle pays, not the stealership. That does leave me wondering what becomes of add ons and ADM money. Surely Ford isn’t going to eat that cost.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting stuff. TX is definitely a little different than your normal ‘model’ LL statutes, particularly since .gov is involved from the jump. You only have 24 months / 24k miles. They do say they cover the purchase price if DMV orders it. To me that includes add ons, I’ll defer to anyone who’s prevailed in a _TX_ LL suit. Mine was not in TX.

You should never tip your hand about filing suit ahead of time. If you do, your service record could be flagged. Every dealer where you bring the vehicle, expect it to be gone over with a fine toothed comb, possibly requiring regional rep to inspect before anyone even touches the vehicle. They’re looking for any possible reason to deny coverage, particularly abuse. It’s always best to keep this information to yourself so as to preserve the relationship with the service staff. Although in this case there isn’t much of a relationship to speak of.

Here’s an interesting thing I noticed:

Note that you sue the manufacturer, not the stealership as in other states. You win, Ford or whomever manufactured the vehicle pays, not the stealership. That does leave me wondering what becomes of add ons and ADM money. Surely Ford isn’t going to eat that cost.
When I had to lemon a GMC duramax when they first came out with all the new DPF crap, I bought a special edition one the dealer had added a lift/tires/wheels/grill etc. to. It was all done at a local 4WD performance/truck shop. They had to refund me every penny for all of that, and even had to refund me for the floor mats I bought for it, the tint I had installed etc. Provided receipts and they had to include it all. The entire deal is essentially unwound, and all I had to eat was mileage at 25cents/mile. Truck had about 15k on it when I finally threw in the towel, but the attorney was able to get them to waive that since my first issue started at like 300 miles. In this case OP would maybe have to eat the $25 or whatever (I think he said it has like 98 miles on it) but that's a rounding error. They also had to cover the registration fees. All in I was made totally whole like I'd never bought the truck.

As far as showing your hand--I disagree. I went rounds with the dealer/GMC until I said 'you know what, this is quickly approaching lemon law status;' all of a sudden they had a special tech in trying to solve the issue, updated me a few times a day, total white glove service. As you can imagine, my being able to put the truck back to them at what I paid PLUS all the stuff was an expensive problem for them. They gave it their best and finally just threw in the towel themselves. Replacing parts to try and solve an issue is expensive as well. I can't remember what the issue was, but it had something to do with programming that was unknown to them until later on.

Anyway, not that it's to this yet, but OP don't be afraid to press the law with the dealer/Ford. A failed part isn't abnormal on a new truck, but if they can't get you back in your new truck quickly, I wouldn't let them roll you over for a second. Especially since you paid over sticker for the damn thing. Ford already seems to not like the ADM game, and if they have to start buying back some Covid lemons PLUS ADM, you can bet they'll be making the dealers refund that money back to them, and it further supports their new position of not allowing dealers to add ADM.