2021 Raptor 98 Miles Blown Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
One danger is if the OP paid MSRP and Ford can resell it for ADM. Be careful what you wish for.

ADM is not part of either a Ford buy back or a Lemon Law suit which is against a manufacturer, so as previously mentioned: Money pay over MSRP is gone.

Plus, vehicle history will typically reveal a buy back. Lemon law buy backs in some states will “scarlet letter” the truck title.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ADM is not part of either a Ford buy back or a Lemon Law suit which is against a manufacturer, so as previously mentioned: Money pay over MSRP is gone.

Plus, vehicle history will typically reveal a buy back. Lemon law buy backs in some states will “scarlet letter” the truck title.
I'll bet the scarlet letter along with the repair ticket, service history, and a warranty a dealer could sell that for more than MSRP. "Infant mortality, the guy freaked out, wouldn't wait for parts, supply chain, the truck is solid" .... someone will buy it in today's market. Heck, I'd buy that one and not worry that it was a real lemon. I've always wondered who makes the money on a buyback. My local dealer seemed oddly eager for me to pursue one when he was jacking me around. Do they then get to sell it?

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Hate to hear that...but worse news is it could be months (not weeks) for some of those parts. Hope they have a nice rental car. Bought with 50 miles, means sales guys probably made a few beer runs in it 'breaking it in'...which may not of helped.

Keep us updated.

OP
OP
O

OSURaptor

Reaction score
I appreciate the correction, helps commit proper term to memory. I knew it wasn't SVT anymore, but always forget it's FP so end up saying the former.

I'm glad to hear everyone say I shouldn't worry about the motor once fixed. Now just to push hard for a quick fix.

In my opinion it is completly unacceptable, with or without an ADM, for a on-the-road, paid up customer with LESS THAN an hour on engine drive time to be left in an unknown queue for a bolt, filter and gasket. As mentioned, seems like $100, figure it out Ford. I operate a commercial furniture dealership and I had to figure a lot out due to import issues to keep my customers from walking. I know I'm a small fry, but it's a freaking bolt.

Thanks for the Lemon Law info, and I really don't want to go that route.

I did not take a rental, would rather drive my spare, '05 Sequoia, than a little car or bare bones F-150.

I never got my custom order, and did overpay, but this truck was basically the one I ordered minus factory bed liner and graphics. Also, got what I felt like was a good shake on my '19 with busted rear window, busted driver mirror and housing, cracked driver window, creased and jammed driver door and driver fender plus moderate branch scratches all down both sides.

Going to visit the dealership and make some office rounds tomorrow after I call Ford Customer Care and Ford Performance.

Thanks for all the info. I'll definitely update as this progresses.

OP
OP
O

OSURaptor

Reaction score
Hate to hear that...but worse news is it could be months (not weeks) for some of those parts. Hope they have a nice rental car. Bought with 50 miles, means sales guys probably made a few beer runs in it 'breaking it in'...which may not of helped.

Keep us updated.
They are not going to want to deal with me for weeks, let alone months.

They hadn't even looked at my truck over 3.5 days and once I found that out the finance, sales and service directors all knew my name. I'm not a ***** to any one involved, by any stretch, because I know it's not directly their fault, but firmly letting them know this is not going to be a "let's wait and see what happens and when the parts show up" autopilot project.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
They are not going to want to deal with me for weeks, let alone months.

They hadn't even looked at my truck over 3.5 days and once I found that out the finance, sales and service directors all knew my name. I'm not a ***** to any one involved, by any stretch, because I know it's not directly their fault, but firmly letting them know this is not going to be a "let's wait and see what happens and when the parts show up" autopilot project.
Yeah I hear ya...but most dealers these days are 7-10 days to even look at it, much less sourcing parts. On a new model those are going to be very hard to come by and you might want to visit Dr for stress pills, as you are in a for a potential long wait. Ford is in charge of those parts and if they don't have them to ship you will wait.

Zen.....

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. I would definitely be pissed if I was you. I hate to give this advice but you need to make your displeasure known to as many people as you can at the dealership and to Ford. I was getting ****** around regarding delivery/recall issues and when I finally lost my sh*t (in a professional manner) I started to see some people willing to help. When I started working my way up through management they all said this is the first I’m hearing of this when I was told all managers were aware of my situation. I’ve seen others on here get some action after exhausting all other measures and resorting to going into “Karen” mode. Sad that it takes that to get action, but unfortunately that seems to be what it takes.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll take it off your hands for 70 K that’s the best I can do.

Just kidding, infancy failures happen.

Parts delays sucks, it’s the New World order for a while… This too shall pass.