2021 Raptor 35 check engine light turned on and rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CookieMonster11b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Creating this thread to keep everyone updated. Back story, I turned on my truck and as I was cruising lightly, check engine light came on and idle/acceleration was rough and shaking the truck. Drove home super slow and scheduled an appointment with the dealer for next week.

Ford App alert details:
the Service engine soon light indicates that your vehicle detected a misfire. the engine start/stop feature (if equipped) could be disabled when this fault is present.

I'll post an update next week.

infamous_b2

Reaction score
Just had the same thing happen. I was on a trip in TN driving through the mountains at about 30mph and all of a sudden it felt like I was driving on a cobble stone street. Check engine light came on and flashing. Stopped turned it off, started it back up and then it did it again. Stopped again and parked for awhile. The check engine light went solid and the idle smoothed out. I was able to get it to a dealership and showed cylinder 2 misfire. They change out the coil pack and I drove it home back to Michigan. Scared the hell out of me when it happened. Trapped in the mountains with no cell service and a broke truck. Glad it wasn't serious and an easy fix.