2020 suspension “squeal”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Checking the fender liners once again I found this on the passenger side:
View attachment 426402

I don’t know if this is related or if im just lucky enough to have discovered yet another issue with the truck
You bought it used, no telling what may have occurred with the previous owner. I see it all the time, used vehicles are always a risk, and CarFax is not liable for accidents/damage that isn’t reported.

Are the tires the factory BGG KO2 or something else? Even tires with the same size specs can have different tread patterns that may cause rubbing in certain applications. Otherwise, something is damaged.

OP
OP
WNCgen2

WNCgen2

Reaction score
Not that it matters, but does it also do it in 4wd? Doesn't sound like anything related to 4wd, but its a quick test. Does it do it on all pavement types? Does it happen turning both left and right? I think what thatjeepguy is referring to isn't the tire rubbing on any component on the truck but a wide grippy tire making a noise when being turned at low speeds on the pavement.
I haven’t tried it in 4WD and it’s most prevalent at speeds under 10mph on regular pavement.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds more like a spring squeak noise, i had rubbing before on my ranger and it was a different noise.