2020 Raptor remote start to turn on A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Daddy MC

Reaction score
When I remote start the AC doesn’t come on until I get in and hit the start button. Is there anyway to use the remote start and have the truck cooling?

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I remote start the AC doesn’t come on until I get in and hit the start button. Is there anyway to use the remote start and have the truck cooling?

Do the seat coolers come on? I would like to know this too

OP
OP
B

Big Daddy MC

Reaction score
I just checked. They don’t until I hit the start button. I would like them too. And in the winter I’d like the heat, defrost and seat warmers on.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will check in a minute and look through the screens to see

Alright so there is a way to use your last setting on auto start

Go settings last menu screen
Go advanced settings
Go vehicle
Go remote start
Two choices auto or last setting

I would start the truck use ac and cool seats and then change the settings to last settings

Turn truck off get out of it and then use auto start and see if ac is working?

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you use remote start, the majority of the vehicle's modules to not fully power up their user interfaces until you press the Start/Stop button. That is why during a remote start even the FCIM (HVAC & audio control) might appear to be off, but yet the A/C or heat is fully functioning to cool or warm the vehicle.

As long as you have the system set up correctly in the Instrument Cluster, it will automatically cool or heat the vehicle as necessary based on ambient temperature.

OP
OP
B

Big Daddy MC

Reaction score
I will check in a minute and look through the screens to see

Alright so there is a way to use your last setting on auto start

Go settings last menu screen
Go advanced settings
Go vehicle
Go remote start
Two choices auto or last setting

I would start the truck use ac and cool seats and then change the settings to last settings

Turn truck off get out of it and then use auto start and see if ac is working?

Thank you. I just saw this.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I initially didn’t understand the two modes either. But investing the time to review the documentation clearly explained it.

Comes down to two options

Last used settings the truck was running with or Auto which heats or cools the truck to 72 degrees. Overall the auto setting seems to be best and the no brainer.

However even with auto, it would be nice to have a seat option to fine tune.