2020 Ford Tremor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the springs are softened up- says they are- enough that it does not beat you to death on rough roads and will still pull a 8-10k trailer well I might be interested in the 7.3. will it clear 37s stock. Lots of new things on this truck. 10 speed and 4.30 gears are plenty for 37s and 430hp/475tq.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tremor_1x1_4.gif

Tremor_1x1_4.gif

Tremor_1x1_6.gif

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm interested in one but I'm not sure I can get myself to give up my Raptor. I know I won't enjoy the Tremor as much drive it day to day but with me eyeing a toy hauler in the not too distant future as well as doing some off-roading with my truck, but not necessarily high speed desert running, it may end up being the "smarter" option, though I don't always pick the smarter options. I could keep the Raptor but that would be a colossal waste of money and parking real estate in my driveway. If I do get one it would be the gasser. The higher payload of the gas engine is more appealing to me than the higher towing capacity of the diesel. That combined with me being unfamiliar with diesel maintenance, which I know is far more involved that gas engines, especially with all the emissions crap on there these days makes the decision easier.

I know TFL is waiting to get their hands on one and will be putting it through it's paces for towing and off-road ability. Looking forward to those reviews.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the springs are softened up- says they are- enough that it does not beat you to death on rough roads and will still pull a 8-10k trailer well I might be interested in the 7.3. will it clear 37s stock. Lots of new things on this truck. 10 speed and 4.30 gears are plenty for 37s and 430hp/475tq.

Depends what your expectations are. For instance, a Subaru BRZ is considered a “lightweight” adequately powered not very fast but great handling “sports car” - it’s lugging around just about 14 lbs of weight per pony....& you sure as shit ain’t asking it to haul 2k lbs or tow 10k

A crew cab, 4x4, std bed F350 @ 7500 lbs is over 17 lbs per HP w/ the 7.3, forget about the hit w/ the 37” tires....Jesus lol

Either displacement gasser will be a **** no doubt- diesel only rational choice, unless you want a truck that looks (& def costs$$$) the part but has performance anxiety, I could care less about a Ford gas V8.

MrFord626

Reaction score
I had a 2017 F-350 Lariat that I actually traded in for my Raptor. I loved the truck and I honestly thought the 6.2L fit my needs just fine and I averaged 14MPGs. The 7.3L should be a perfect fit for that truck. However I'm not towing my backhoe anymore and that truck is absolutely enormous. I just needed a truck to tow my car to the track. The exact Raptor I wanted popped up and I fell in love.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I saw the tremor and another one on some articles a few days ago . I love it ... but if I get one , I gotta move too. Can’t barely fit my raptor in the garage with another car. And drive way I damn short... only 2 cars :/

Ray Knight

Reaction score
Should be an awesome truck! Myself coming from 3 Raptors and now driving the Roush Super Duty diesel F250 this should be really similar. The big truck gets more attention than my Raptors did which is odd. The Raptor is more sporty and rides a LOT better but the big diesel truck has an awesome manly feel to it that i really like. It feels way more capable. The longer bed is great too! As my daily driver i have no complaints so far except big bumps it was pretty harsh until i i lowered tire pressures. Towing is day and night better. If you park your Raptor next to a Tacoma, thats what the Roush F250 looks like next to a Raptor. Its that much bigger! I bet the Tremor will be really close to the same. My only worry is the 10spd. That was the reason for giving up on my Raptor so i'm hoping they improved its reliability enough for the SD trucks.

20190622_143356.jpg

White raptor

Reaction score
I traded in my 14 tremor after I bought a travel trailer and realized the wheelbase was way too short for that kind of towing. I got a 17 super duty and it was great for trailering but I couldn’t stand it as a daily driver. I got rid of it after 7 months and got the raptor. It’s not perfect for trailering 6500 lbs but it gets the job done and I love it as a daily driver . Consider how much you use it each way before giving up your raptor.