2020 Ford Tremor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone been looking at these . I LOVE my raptor , but I'm no longer in Cali and deal more with Rocky terrain + ability to tow a larger trailer is intriguing , what are yalls thoughts ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...first-look-earth-moving-off-road-package/amp/

It’s awesome - if you need to tow anything substantial or really even anything 6k+ the raptor isn’t ideal, if you’re putting a lot of weight in the bed regularly or if you typically keep your vehicles a long time a HD diesel is a better choice. You can also plow w/ that which is also not possible in a Raptor.

This will probably steal Raptor sales

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought about one with the 7.3L.

But wanted to wait a few years to see how the 7.3L ends up in real world driving experiences and any first year quirks that need to be fixed.

That, and I would have to dump more money into it to have to come close to a Raptor for any speed offroad with bumps.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought about one with the 7.3L.

But wanted to wait a few years to see how the 7.3L ends up in real world driving experiences and any first year quirks that need to be fixed.

That, and I would have to dump more money into it to have to come close to a Raptor for any speed offroad with bumps.

I’m the opposite - never been a fan of Ford’s Gas V8s & w/ a crew cab standard bed F350 tipping scales @ like 7500 lbs or so- diesel is the only choice for me, that’s a lot of weight for a n/a V8 to lug around....then factor in the bigger 35” tires to boot

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m the opposite - never been a fan of Ford’s Gas V8s & w/ a crew cab standard bed F350 tipping scales @ like 7500 lbs or so- diesel is the only choice for me, that’s a lot of weight for a n/a V8 to lug around....then factor in the bigger 35” tires to boot

I hear ya. Preferred gas due to ease of working on(never had a diesel so still foreign at times) and the lighter front end of the gas engine would be nice on trails.

Curious to see how the 7.3 does after years of Ford building only OHC.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting name choice considering the previous Tremor was more like the Lightning...

OP
OP
W

Wisejiffylube

Reaction score
I'd get the diesel as well. It would be a waayyyy more practical vehicle , but damn I love my raptor. Looking at 2020 pieces for similarly equipped f250s are pretty considerable ( loaded raptor) then adding the tremor package on top I'm just not sure , Interested to see pricing .

As far as the name , they said they just loved it and wanted that name to build a following like the raptor does.

Agreed on parasitic Sales with the raptor .

Overall just gotta wait I guess til it comes out to make a decision .