2020 802A - This could be the one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks 911, I have reached out to a few on CarGurus, Cars.com, etc, but the ones I have talked to wanted me to finance through them to get the advertised price. I'm already pre-approved at a pretty generous rate through Navy Federal so I would rather stick with my own financing. I appreciate the response though!

They will come around. Give them a few more weeks.

Ice Man

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping. I'm in no rush so I'm hoping a few will reach back out but I am a tad surprised at how stuck they are at right around the $69K price point. I figured I could push that closer to the mid 60's.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would suggest doing what I did. It cost nothing and takes very little time. I made up an email stating; "I'm in the market for a new Raptor. I have a dealer from out of state that has offered me invoice pricing on a factory ordered Raptor. (Which was true, a dealer "Capitol Ford" in N.C.) I would much rather buy it from a local dealer like you. If you would be open to this, please email me as I am ready to buy. Please don't waste either of our time with anything besides invoice pricing. I have no problem going out of state to pick up my truck if that's what I need to do to get invoice pricing. Thank you for your time."

I sent it out to 6 dealers in my area. Four I never heard back from, one I heard from immediately and went in and ordered my truck the next day in early Feb. A super easy, no ******** deal, I was in and out in an hour. One other dealer contacted me a few days later and was also anxious to sell to me one at invoice. That dealer apologized for his slow response! This is in an area where NO WAY were there deals to be had at the time. Everyone was acting like I should blow them to get down to MSRP!

Sales are coming to a grinding halt, I will be very surprised if someone isn't willing to offer you a killer deal shortly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LF LandShark 2818

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping. I'm in no rush so I'm hoping a few will reach back out but I am a tad surprised at how stuck they are at right around the $69K price point. I figured I could push that closer to the mid 60's.

If it helps any, ive found most of the Leadfoot trucks im looking for in ID and UT. Dealers in and around Spokane are still holding firm on thier "typical" 10k markup. If they change that stance in the next few months, great. If they dont then id be more then happy to have a nice long roadtrip to drive my new truck back from out of state. Thats my approach right now as im in no rush to buy and would much rather wait a few months if i have to.

Also got pre approved through Navy Fed and their rates were fantastic. Hoping that the right dealer will see that as a bonus instead of getting upset im not financing through them.

Edit: Forgot to include the links to the vehicles haha pre coffee brain is working very slow this morning

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/808539308/overview/

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/807958719/overview/

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/805670295/overview/

RR. This color still makes me second guess how solid i am on "having" to have leadfoot
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/808075106/overview/

FILRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2018 lead foot with 4,500 miles a few weeks ago... it was bought from car max, sight unseen I had it shipped here to me for $99..my concerns what if it was taken off road, smoke/pet smell and dents... if anything didn’t check out once I saw it, they would refund my $$$. CarMax has quite a few on their website and it changes daily, just got to be patient... I looked for a year or so until my dream truck came through... the price seems cheap compared to what I saw in the past...my experience was fantastic with CarMax and my truck is great, just something to think about.. good luck.

+1 for CarMax. Found a low-mileage truck in color/options I wanted. Truck was even better than I hoped and purchasing experience only added to my satisfaction

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with it. I wasn't aware how rare the loaded 802A sans moonroof was but I'm glad I got mine that way. The horror stories I hear about the roofs kept me FAR away from them.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck with it. I wasn't aware how rare the loaded 802A sans moonroof was but I'm glad I got mine that way. The horror stories I hear about the roofs kept me FAR away from them.

Makes sense that if the dealers make money from warranty work that they would order every single one with a moonroof ...

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for CarMax. Found a low-mileage truck in color/options I wanted. Truck was even better than I hoped and purchasing experience only added to my satisfaction

Don't know if it's company wide, but the CarMax near me uses some sort of funky deodorizer that just reeks.. Would never buy from them but is a good way to see a variety of models. Plus I find their prices, even on Raptors to be 10-20% higher than other dealerships.

ross072566

Reaction score
I would suggest doing what I did. It cost nothing and takes very little time. I made up an email stating; "I'm in the market for a new Raptor. I have a dealer from out of state that has offered me invoice pricing on a factory ordered Raptor. (Which was true, a dealer "Capitol Ford" in N.C.) I would much rather buy it from a local dealer like you. If you would be open to this, please email me as I am ready to buy. Please don't waste either of our time with anything besides invoice pricing. I have no problem going out of state to pick up my truck if that's what I need to do to get invoice pricing. Thank you for your time."

I sent it out to 6 dealers in my area. Four I never heard back from, one I heard from immediately and went in and ordered my truck the next day in early Feb. A super easy, no ******** deal, I was in and out in an hour. One other dealer contacted me a few days later and was also anxious to sell to me one at invoice. That dealer apologized for his slow response! This is in an area where NO WAY were there deals to be had at the time. Everyone was acting like I should blow them to get down to MSRP!

Sales are coming to a grinding halt, I will be very surprised if someone isn't willing to offer you a killer deal shortly.

Bought my fully loaded Leadfoot 802A for $2,988 UNDER invoice! Got a damn good deal I thought.