2019 "Squat" During Reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Have new 2019 S-CREW with 802A package. Odd, but after cold start, the drivers side rear end will "squat" or dip down a few inches after driving about 2 to 3 feet in reverse but not immediately after engaging reverse. Is this part of the active suspension? Typically only happens after cold start and more on drivers side rear than passenger side rear. Doesn't happen if car already warmed up or I drive forward after cold start -- only happens on cold start and in reverse. Any one else feel same? Bad drivers side shocks?

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have new 2019 S-CREW with 802A package. Odd, but after cold start, the drivers side rear end will "squat" or dip down a few inches after driving about 2 to 3 feet in reverse but not immediately after engaging reverse. Is this part of the active suspension? Typically only happens after cold start and more on drivers side rear than passenger side rear. Doesn't happen if car already warmed up or I drive forward after cold start -- only happens on cold start and in reverse. Any one else feel same? Bad drivers side shocks?

The same happens to mine. It hasn't bothered me too much, though I'm somewhat relieved to hear it's not just me.

I also assumed it was something to do with the new suspension. Perhaps locking the shocks while parked for awhile?

If anyone has additional info, I'd love to know more.

TimmyP

Reaction score
I think it's the electronic emergency brake releasing. I feel it when I first put in in drive or reverse but not until I start to drive off.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a picture of it before and after the squat?

Are the leaf springs not doing their job?

Raptor Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
normal. mine does it as well. when the truck is off, the shocks are at full stiff. when you go into drive/reverse the truck shocks loosen/open up and thus sinking a little bit. that's just my conclusion lol.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the 019 Shocks can be adjusted for stiffness? can this be modified to act as airbags to keep the truck from squating with heavy bed loads?

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been paying attention to it lately and it seems like when only somebody else is in the vehicle with me. It could be adjusting somehow for additional weight? It’s not an active air suspension so I don’t know. Not a big deal, I think it’s normal. Other than that a phenomenal truck!