2019 Raptor Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looking to see if I can get any insight from you long time Raptor owners. I have a 2019 With 6000 miles on it and my neighbor asked to go for a ride tonight, I made two hard pulls from a stop and in 3rd and fourth gear it seemed to sound like a valve rattle but then it stopped as I hit the higher gears. I’ve run it hard before and never noticed that, I just filled it up tonight with 93 octane. Could it be bad gas or is there another issue that can cause that? Thanks in advance

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have experienced the exact same thing with my 2020; I am tuned, Cobb stage 1 and they confirmed with me that my gas, Southwest PA, sucks and is most likely a winter blend.

I dropped down to a 91 tune and found better gas; twenty minutes away, and no more noise at wot.

OP
OP
SmallBlockRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks, I am also using tuning via the ez lynk. I returned the vehicle to stock and it still did the same thing. I always run 93 and I usually buy it from sheetz in the Somerset area. Just made me nervous because it sounded like valve rattle.

raptor ghost

Reaction score
Looking to see if I can get any insight from you long time Raptor owners. I have a 2019 With 6000 miles on it and my neighbor asked to go for a ride tonight, I made two hard pulls from a stop and in 3rd and fourth gear it seemed to sound like a valve rattle but then it stopped as I hit the higher gears. I’ve run it hard before and never noticed that, I just filled it up tonight with 93 octane. Could it be bad gas or is there another issue that can cause that? Thanks in advance

i had a similar and the slightest of rattle that eased after a few mins and it didnt sound like the cam phasers on videos, turns out my raptor was short 1-1.5 quarts on oil, blended stuff burns quickly and it had only been 5k since i last changed it at the dealer.

It went away immediately after i changed the oil and filled up 7Q of full synthetic.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am also using tuning via the ez lynk. I returned the vehicle to stock and it still did the same thing. I always run 93 and I usually buy it from sheetz in the Somerset area. Just made me nervous because it sounded like valve rattle.

Sheetz gas was my problem; I also experienced the exhaust pop after fill up with Sheetz gas; switched to Exxon and have not had the fill up pop or any rattle since.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any reason you why you filled up with 7 quarts when it takes only 6 quarts?

i had a similar and the slightest of rattle that eased after a few mins and it didnt sound like the cam phasers on videos, turns out my raptor was short 1-1.5 quarts on oil, blended stuff burns quickly and it had only been 5k since i last changed it at the dealer.

It went away immediately after i changed the oil and filled up 7Q of full synthetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter