2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have more pics of the new interior? I know there are pics of the wheels and exterior but I haven’t seen anything on the inside that hasn’t been released by ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from westfield ford dealer located near Chicago telling me that they have 7 allocations for 2019 raptors and they want $5K over msrp.. the blood thirsty salesman vampire was telling me that this a good price because other dealers charge $10K. He also tryied sell me 2018 raptor because they got two sitting on their lot (for a very long time)

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got a call from westfield ford dealer located near Chicago telling me that they have 7 allocations for 2019 raptors and they want $5K over msrp.. the blood thirsty salesman vampire was telling me that this a good price because other dealers charge $10K. He also tryied sell me 2018 raptor because they got two sitting on their lot (for a very long time)
Buy one in Michigan if you’re in Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You're right about the scheduling date based on info that's been released. I believe the dealers should have their allocation info way before then. It would suck to have to wait till the scheduling date to order because then you're definitely going to be waiting longer than everyone else that already has an order in. Some dealers have already entered a bunch of orders into the system. My dealers don't enter any orders until their exact 2019 allocation is known.

turn-r-us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said that sometimes Ford will pull the stock orders a dealer has in before a retail order.

LeadFootCraig

Reaction score
Sounds like the price gouging will never stop. I may have to put mine up for sale soon. Sounds like Uncle Sam may send me to England....

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upon reading the 2019 order guide, a couple weeks ago, I placed an order for what is probably one of the last of the 2018s. I had a strong preference for leadfoot, I think I'll prefer the look of the old forged wheels, I liked the slightly lower price and quicker build time, and do NOT want the AEB. Unfortunately, the 2018s get the ***** stamp, so I have the plastic for now.

WRT AEB, my school of thought goes like this: I don't text and drive and maintain very good situational awareness, prioritizing driving over everything when I'm behind the wheel. Also, I don't want the AEB upsetting up an evasive maneuver I may be implementing, leading to a bad outcome. You know, like if I swerve because that's the best way to avoid a head on collision... and at the same time as I fire the neurons to initiate the swerve, the AEB decides I should be standing on the brakes. Or it stands on the brakes 1/2 second before I initiate the swerve and I'm stuck with the 1/2 second decision between an uncontrolled drift -> rollover vs a head on.

Unfortunately, my order was so late Ford rejected the leadfoot, but at least I won't get the AEB. The livevalve shocks are a big question mark to me. Tuning will be everything. Could be great, could be a bust.

If Ford decides to offer a good FU color (bring back avalanche or terrain or leadfoot) and the tuning is on its game, maybe I'll make another bad financial decision on a 2020.

Regarding 2019 pricing, I had a couple dealers offering MSRP and effectively no other fees, one who had some < $1000 dealer fees tacked onto MSRP, and one who was immediately discussing nontrivial markups. The local dealer who told me $10k markup with a straight face a few months ago didn't get consideration. I got widely varying delivery estimates, ranging from ~12/2018 to ~06/2019. Of course, I expect all of the above could've been adjustable if the MSRP dealers decided to get greedy.

Last edited:

turn-r-us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6-8 weeks is build time from what I am being told.....obviously delivery time will depend on where in line your order is (dealer and priority code (10-99).

How can you get a priority code 10?

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6-8 weeks is build time from what I am being told.....obviously delivery time will depend on where in line your order is (dealer and priority code (10-99).

How can you get a priority code 10?
The salesman gives the priority code. Delivery also depends on things like when "OK to buy" takes place. That's 5 consecutive days with no major screw ups. If that happens, the 5 day cycle keeps repeating until they get it right. Meanwhile, all the built trucks sit in lots waiting. If they discover problems that require them to come back from what I've read is they pull them from the back of the line and your order that was first built in the front of the line is now at the back of the line. Realistically, it's not likely many will hit dealers before December.