2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nms2003n

Reaction score
No kidding. Gen 1s are still going for $45-50k with that mileage with the Gen 2s out. Think shocks and seats are going to diminish the original Gen 2s that's fast. Ha!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Gen 1s are still going for $45-50k with that mileage with the Gen 2s out. Think shocks and seats are going to diminish the original Gen 2s that's fast. Ha!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gen 1 were actually limited production that’s why they are keeping some value, plus the current gen 2 premiums right now are helping keep gen 1 price premium.

Ford is now flooding the market with Gen 2’s and with an increase in supply causes a decrease in price. Again my prediction is for 2020, next 6 months you will see majority of dealers offering at or slightly below MSRP. Forward a whole year they will be below MSRP, plus by then the Raptor fad will have completely worn off and it will just be another big expensive truck. Again just my $0.02 and I hope Ford change their strategy before it’s too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 were actually limited production that’s why they are keeping some value, plus the current gen 2 premiums right now are helping keep gen 1 price premium.

Ford is now flooding the market with Gen 2’s and with an increase in supply causes a decrease in price. Again my prediction is for 2020, next 6 months you will see majority of dealers offering at or slightly below MSRP. Forward a whole year they will be below MSRP, plus by then the Raptor fad will have completely worn off and it will just be another big expensive truck. Again just my $0.02 and I hope Ford change their strategy before it’s too late.

I see some validity to this point. Every dealership within 50 miles of my house has atleast one 2018 Raptor sitting on the lot. Some still think they are going to get ADM on a 2018, but the smart ones have realized that MSRP or a little under is the only way to actually sell them at this point.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score

the main factor in Gen1 vs Gen2 pricing that you're missing is simply "V8".

As far as the sheer amount of Gen2s vs Gen1s, that is a very apt observation. I think the MY2017 raptor production was the same as any 3 years of gen1 production.

And for the record, The MY19 shocks and seats will have just about zero impact on my17/18 value.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the BLUE seats are a mistake , a real dumb one. No matter what exterior colour , i wouldnt want blue seats

nms2003n

Reaction score
the BLUE seats are a mistake , a real dumb one. No matter what exterior colour , i wouldnt want blue seats

Agree... they did that with the limited for 18 and I just see them sitting on lots people buying Platinum’s over the limited because most people don’t want blue seats.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy complains about ridiculous markup, then says Raptor is overproduced. Something doesn't compute.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree... they did that with the limited for 18 and I just see them sitting on lots people buying Platinum’s over the limited because most people don’t want blue seats.

Yup. The limited is hideous.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fair enough, we are all entitled to our opinions. I'd agree with you that Gen 1s were holding their value because they were limited when it was 2015-16 still with no gen 2s out. But with an entirely new generation out, I doubt they are holding value because they are now considered a collectors item. It's because regardless a Raptor in general is a bad ass truck whether it has the V8 or V6. 77,000 Gen 1s were made and 23,000 gen 2s were made in 2017. Considering Ford made 897,000 F150s in 2017, I'd hardy consider 23,000 flooding the market. That's only 2.6%. 2017, 198,000 tacomas and 116,000 Tundras were made. By your logic those would be flooding the market and will tank in value, which we all know is not the case. But that's just my opinion. I have no expectation of my raptor tanking in value.

nms2003n

Reaction score
Fair enough, we are all entitled to our opinions. I'd agree with you that Gen 1s were holding their value because they were limited when it was 2015-16 still with no gen 2s out. But with an entirely new generation out, I doubt they are holding value because they are now considered a collectors item. It's because regardless a Raptor in general is a bad ass truck whether it has the V8 or V6. 77,000 Gen 1s were made and 23,000 gen 2s were made in 2017. Considering Ford made 897,000 F150s in 2017, I'd hardy consider 23,000 flooding the market. That's only 2.6%. 2017, 198,000 tacomas and 116,000 Tundras were made. By your logic those would be flooding the market and will tank in value, which we all know is not the case. But that's just my opinion. I have no expectation of my raptor tanking in value.

I agree everyone has their opinion and I hope I am wrong. But between the first gen Raptor and current gen Raptor, the gen 2 is a lot more expensive and also has a lot more competition. Where did you go to find Raptor’s sales and production numbers? I looked online and all I could find were generic F-series sales numbers not broken down by model.

Also I feel Ford produced a lot more Raptors for the 2018 model year. Also I think they had production issues with the 17 Raptor as well since it was first year. I remember for the first half of 17 I would rarely see a Raptor at a Ford Dealership they were really rare. Since the end of 17 I have seen multiple Ford Raptors at dealers I have been too. I always find several in stock whenever I check online now.