2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
c9591830fe4215b96ba2d34c560f3f6c.jpg

Looks like they’ll communicate with the truck based on what this guy is saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I was wrong. But Fox could probably so something similar with a self-contained unit that would be a lot easier for retrofit.

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is just me trying to make myself feel better for recently pulling the trigger on a 17 Avalanche SCab, but...

The new 2019 colorways are cool, just not my cup of tea. I hate the new beadlocks (doesnt matter since its the first thing most people change out anyway) Really not digging the new color accented FORD on the tailgate. Recaro seats look nice but again the color isnt my cup of tea. Trail control is... not sure? Only things that I may have wanted are the shocks, but then again i feel like that's something I won't miss in the bigger scheme of things.

For those of you who are on the fence about pulling the trigger now vs waiting for the 2019, if you can get below MSRP for 18s I say go that direction.

I'll trade in my 2017 when the 2020 supercharged V10 Raptor comes out :biggrin:[/quote]

I really don't believe these official reports from autoweek excetera because none of them talk about the new engine that is coming.

There have been just too many reports and people on this forum talking about the new V8 for it to not be true.

MGD/ Sasquatch / mcnawsty has known about the new engine coming since 2016.

Think about all the poor wanna be Raptor owners who now have to put off purchasing for yet another year to wait until the V8 comes out for the 2020 model

This ^^^

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing in the press release said the shock's setting were controllable by mode or user setting. Maybe that was an oversight.

I wouldn't say it's an oversight - I'd say based on what we know now is that the shocks are tied to the truck but there are no user controllable settings. For example, in my last car I had 3 suspension damping settings that could be changed on the fly; comfort, normal and race.

The cnet article states "The suspension is fundamentally similar to the Fox Racing shocks that were already employed by the Raptor, but now with a solenoid that allows the truck's computer to constantly adjust the damping force at each corner."

Now maybe, just maybe Ford left this shock option open in previous years. It's not inconceivable that the shocks plug in or piggyback somewhere that is accessible in 2017 & 2018. It is also possible that the shocks just use the onboard accelerometer and gyro etc to control the damping, meaning the data is already present on our trucks and it isn't new or special code to the ECU to control this.

With that said, it could all be wishful thinking too. The biggest bummer for people with these shocks will be if they want to go with Kings or Icons or whatever and unplugging the OEM shocks causes errors.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The focus RS has electronic controlled shocks and they do not produce an error when unplugged for aftermarket coilovers

BUT it is too early to tell. Either they will produce errors or the aftermarket will have a module to do away with any errors.

And don't forget the 2019 shocks come from FOX so I bet Fox is already engineering replacement ones that will negate any possible errors.

With that said, it could all be wishful thinking too. The biggest bummer for people with these shocks will be if they want to go with Kings or Icons or whatever and unplugging the OEM shocks causes errors.

islands

Reaction score
Newby here,
Darn, now I do not know what to do.
I was ready to get a 2018, but the shocks and the Off-road improvements are very interesting. I have a similar slow off road control on my Land Cruiser and it's very effective.
Very interested in the shocks too.
What to do, What to do!

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ are you really going to drive your future Raptor off road or are you going to be like most raptor owners and just cruise Starbucks?

Most Raptor owners will never enjoy the added benefits these shocks may produce.

I have taken my 18 off road multiple times and love it. Don't over think your decision.

atomic80

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the steering wheel says raptor at the bottom? And the entire button layout at the top of the dash has changed.

The button layout changed from 2017 to 2018 but not sure if it changed again for 2019. Looks the same to me as my 2018.

islands

Reaction score
^ are you really going to drive your future Raptor off road or are you going to be like most raptor owners and just cruise Starbucks?

Most Raptor owners will never enjoy the added benefits these shocks may produce.

I have taken my 18 off road multiple times and love it. Don't over think your decision.

I do go offroad quite a bit, My land cruiser has done over 10,000 miles of trails and unpaved roads since 2015. I also go get a coffee as it's also my DD.
The raptor would replace it so Suspensions are important to me indeed.