2019 Raptor as a Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also - I read on a thread here that if you use forscan and disable the fake engine noises that the radio is noticeably better as it doesn't have to use power to pump the fake engine noises into the cab.

No, you get more white noise instead of engine noise. Tone is the same, just quieter, but you also get a lot of static. Didn't make it a day with it off.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best all around daily driver I’ve ever owned.

I’m definitely a performance/sports car kinda guy, always liked speed, as I got older & “upgraded” rides over time while I was content having some stick shift honda cars as my daily’s while also having a motorcycle to really “scratch” that performance/speed itch in a way an accord just can’t.

After laying a bike down & having more than enough close calls I decided to trade both of em (Yamaha R1 + CBR600) + my newish ‘01 accord in on a new ‘04 GTO- I wanted a V8 performance car & wanted performance over luxury- couldn’t afford or justify a corvette + knew I couldn’t use one year round (live in MA) - tried using the GTO year round on all seasons- wound up sliding into guard rail w/ only 12k on the car in snow storm- got it fixed & bought a set of snows....then was constantly trying to maintain the GTO & keep clean while using it as a DD & lightly nodding it (did have an 89 Ranger as a winter beater but it eventually died) then get serious w/ gf & get a dog....swapped out the GTO for an ‘08 G8 GT (my 2nd fav DD of all time in all honesty) & made sure I had a set of snows already on order lol. Put 125k on that sucker & modded it along the way (cammed/headers) - making some extra dough now, always wanted a German sports car, so got a ‘11 S4- like the car but was too nervous too mod it, was a stick shift & wife couldn’t drive it, after moving to burbs & having a house started realizing S4 was simply too small & impractical for me.

that’s when I decided to listen to my dad “and just get a truck” - instead I bought his ‘07 Silverado V8 from him & kept S4...started to drive S4 less & saw newer trucks out & traded both of em in on a new ‘14 GMC Sierra.....went through 3 of em in total 2x2014 & a 2015....in between all this I acquired an 03 Z06 that became my “permanent” hobby car & completely satisfied that speed/performance fix & then some.

2015 truck got totaled by a deer then I drove EVERYTHING including all the trucks, was a GM loyalist....until I test drove a 2018 Raptor & was hooked.

2018 raptor totaled by a millennial on cell phone hit me broadside got huge ins. Payout & had title in hand on my ‘18 ($69k- yep) I again went out & drove everything trying to keep an open mind, wound up back in a Raptor 2020.

realized that’s a lot of history on my vehicle ownership but I bet my experience/track record that led me to owning a Raptor is similar to many others on this forum.

And at the end of the day, if I HAD to only have 1 vehicle it’d be a Raptor. More than any other vehicle ive ever owned it checks the most boxes

general interest/modding it- didn’t care bout modding my other trucks too much but the Rappy I can’t help myself, I just generally like it

looks badass & unique

Has a niche/enthusiast following

can carry a ton of people/cargo

can tow as much as I need

Real performance offroad & on- a gen2 raptor w/ a tune @ the light weight it has is really the sweet spot, love the TQ band & midrange is great

comfortable ride- good for long trips

my kids think it’s cool

so dont the other dads

what’s not to like lol?

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I intended on buying an Audi RS5 Sportback when it was to come out in 2019, and had been waiting about 6 months already; however, after going on a hunting trip with a buddy in his new truck, I realized how badass the ride and interior was in the F-150. The following week I went to the dealership, saw the specs and carbon fiber package in a Raptor, took a test drive, and totally did a 180 to get one. No regrets at all.....

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Raptor 4 Life
I’m on my 3rd Raptor. I’ve logged about 300k miles between the 3 of them, using them both as daily drivers and Off-Roading 2-4x a week. With Vegas as a Base Camp I’m afforded the luxury of great trails 30min from the house. I’ve had a couple of Jeep’s and a couple of H2’s. Many miles in H1’s.
Hands Down Nothing comes close to the Raptor, especially my new 2019. Rides like a Escalade on the Highway and does things off-road that would have flipped my Jeep’s on their back.
We do 3-10k road trips over the summer pulling a 21’ Winnebago. The only thing that will get me out of a Raptor and into a Tremor is my wife’s desire for a bigger trailer :(
I live for road trips and Off-Roading when I get there. The Raptor checks All the boxes

DEA76D45-6EA3-4D27-AC57-7FF0754C203B.jpeg

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Livin' the life I dream of in a few years when I walk away from the rat-race :)
Don’t look back, Life’s to Short. I’ve got to many friends dying in their 50’s :(
Luckily I’m retired, wife’s a school teacher (somebody in the family has to have a job) so we get the summers to travel. We try to get to Sedona every spring break. Great off-roading and hiking there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter