2019 Rapter arrived... misc ramblings and questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my truck in for ceramic coat today and my installer called right away and recommended wrapping the B-pillars. Seems pretty common. I was just glad he didn't have to do a bunch of paint correction.

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will want to paint whatever you don’t want to rust. You will have plenty of rust on the axles when running up in the bush. Enjoy your new truck!

John Cannon

Reaction score
I ordered on Dec 11 2018, arrived on March 14 2019, exactly on the day they said it would.

I bought the truck from North Star Ford in Fort McMurray, it was 5k cheaper there then I could get from any Dealer in Edmonton. They agreed to ship it here as well. I had them ship it to "the tint factory" for the Sun Tek paint protection.

The bad news is the car carrier rubbed some trees during transit so the rh has some light scratches. I am having my buffer come over and buff the whole truck, a little earlier then usual but oh well. Sounds like they will pay for it.

The black side pillars looked like they had been scratched a 100X so I had the tint factory wrap them, a common problem they said.

I washed the truck and brought it home, installed the box cleats. I had to remove the bases on three of them and hammer them in. Has anyone else had problems installing them, seems like a screw up to me.

I ordered Husky floor mats, turns out the factory rears are better then the Huskys, so I am now running the Huskys on the front and the factorys in the rear. Go figure.

If anyone has doubts about the Recaro seats, don't, they are super comfy. First thing thing the wrap guy said was how comfortable they are. I was thinking about getting a grey truck but I wanted the interior, in hindsight the blue would have worked, its dusty and looks really good, would match with a variety of colors.

I have a Truxedo box cover and Husky mud flaps to install yet.

I took some pictures of the rear diff, looks good from behind, not so good from the front.

I drove the truck straight home, that said it seemed gutless, I thought maybe a performance setting was turned down. I could not find any setting for power, is there one? Is there a break in period? Has anyone found a lack of power ?

I checked the oil and it was bang on. The tires were 46-48psi so I lowered them all to 38 psi.

Day 1, that's all I got for now.

View attachment 120641 View attachment 120642 View attachment 120643

John Cannon

Reaction score
Hi

I’m not experienced at Forums

Ford permits you to adjust power on an individual Key. I adjusted Max sound volume and Power to 70% or 70mph on other key ; My X-Wife was Very Angry. I have been very happy with my Raptor since new in 2011.

31922679-336E-4F6F-A7D6-66351F288F61.jpeg

Last edited: