2019 Non-Recaro leather seats in 802a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey yall, first time posting and seeing as no one talks about this I want to get some insight.

So I test drove a really nice 2018 and I love the seats. I could get a good deal on a 2019 with the shocks and the new adaptive cruise. 2019 also has half the milage. My question is this:

Do the cloth inserts in the black leather (non recaro) seats bother you???

They bother me honestly. I havent seen them in person but it looks to me like they went half ***.

Those of you that have them can you please weigh in???

Thanks!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They don't bother me. But my fashion sense barely extends to "don't wear socks with sandals", so my opinion may not be relevant. I find the seats comfortable. The only time I look at them is when there's something on them, and then I'm really looking at whatever that is. I forgot that they have cloth inserts.

OP
OP
thatJeepguy

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They don't bother me. But my fashion sense barely extends to "don't wear socks with sandals", so my opinion may not be relevant. I find the seats comfortable. The only time I look at them is when there's something on them, and then I'm really looking at whatever that is. I forgot that they have cloth inserts.
Do you wear shorts all year around too? Haha.

I know its not a huge difference but to me the 2018’s seat just looks more luxury. And so its hanging me up from getting a 2019 with the better shocks etc.

Anyone else come from a 2018 to a 2019/20 that can weigh in?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you wear shorts all year around too? Haha.
I do. But not when it's below zero. Why? Now you've got me worrying that shorts might be a fashion faux pas as well ... the next thing you know it will be bushy ear and nose hair.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 with non-Recaro seats. I like the cloth inserts and do not believe it is a half tail design. The cloth inserts are in a location that normally gets excessive wear as one exits and enters the vehicle. So over time, seats with leather in those locations will look worse when compared to the seats with cloth.

OP
OP
thatJeepguy

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2020 with non-Recaro seats. I like the cloth inserts and do not believe it is a half tail design. The cloth inserts are in a location that normally gets excessive wear as one exits and enters the vehicle. So over time, seats with leather in those locations will look worse when compared to the seats with cloth.
This is true about the wear (somewhat) i usually keep my vehicles it top condition. I dont believe it was designed to “ keep you in place “