2018 RAPTOR STALLING ON WARM START

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2018 F150 Raptor with a stalling issue when the engine is warm. This will only happen when the vehicle has reached normal temperature, no issues while driving, no loss of power, no check engine lights. The issue comes in when attempting to start the vehicle after has been used for a couple of miles. Been to three different FORD service departments still having the same issue. Not much information on forums for this exact issue. I would really love to pick up you guys mind on this scenario. Been dealing with this issue for about 6 months now with no check engine lights. Putting my thoughts together I do remember this issue started after running low on fuel for a couple of miles before getting into the gas station. Also if a park on my driveway nose down it would start with a rough idle but will NOT die. When parking on a level surface or nose up it will die immediately and sometimes it'll give me a long cranking. All this is only when the engine has reached normal temperature. In the mornings when the vehicle has sat the whole night, it will fire up perfectly no matter the angle or position of the truck.

OP
OP
hectorgiovanni
Reaction score
It is crazy to me that those guys in the service department cannot figure this out. I have spent over $600 on crappy diagnostics from them with no results. My guess is that they are looking at PCM data rather that actual live data with a warm engine. I think the filter is a little clogged and is overheating that just my guess and how come no check engine lights...

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to call Ford corporate and get them involved, they need to send a field engineer to diagnose. The time to escalate is now.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe install a new fuel filter yourself. Low cost straight forward operation I would hope.
At least eliminate that issue. If the dealership can't do it right. Ya gotta do it yourself.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no serviceable fuel filter on these trucks.
Glad you said it...I thought I was crazy, so went back to check my facts and it appears there is only one Lifetime Fuel Filter built INTO the Fuel pump in the tank. I was wondering how that was a straight forward operation :)

DC

OP
OP
hectorgiovanni
Reaction score
Hopefully this will help someone in the future. Long story short, after three visits to the dealership service department and leaving with the same issue, I decided to try the best possible private mechanic in my area. Turns out my fuel pump in tank wasn't holding pressure when the engine was shut off. The mechanic mentioned "check valve". That was my issue. $600 for the new OEM in tank fuel pump plus labor and in top of all that $150 for each visit to the dealership for a ******** diagnostic. Ford corporate was contacted but they said since the vehicle was fixed by a non FORD mechanic there's nothing they can do for me. What was I sopposed to do? Keep paying $150 everytime the ******* dealership was trying to fix the issue. Very frustrated at this point, but at least my truck is fixed and running strong.