2018 Raptor Sitting Low - ISSUES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a_gorman

Reaction score
Good Evening All,

I suspected an issue with my 2018 Raptor and had the dealership look into it while it was in for service. For the longest time I felt my Raptor was sitting lower than my previous 2012 Raptor and finally I happened to drive next to a 2019 Raptor and there was a noticeable difference in ride height.

While I was at the dealership I measured the height from a flat surface to the top of the wheel well and of a 2019 and my 2018 Raptor and there was a 3" difference in the back and a 2" difference in the front.

The Service Manager said there were no issues with the suspension components.

My truck had an empty truck bed and maybe 50 lbs of stuff inside.

My truck is 100% stock.

Has anyone else run in to an issue like this?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Evening All,

I suspected an issue with my 2018 Raptor and had the dealership look into it while it was in for service. For the longest time I felt my Raptor was sitting lower than my previous 2012 Raptor and finally I happened to drive next to a 2019 Raptor and there was a noticeable difference in ride height.

While I was at the dealership I measured the height from a flat surface to the top of the wheel well and of a 2019 and my 2018 Raptor and there was a 3" difference in the back and a 2" difference in the front.

The Service Manager said there were no issues with the suspension components.

My truck had an empty truck bed and maybe 50 lbs of stuff inside.

My truck is 100% stock.

Has anyone else run in to an issue like this?

my gen 1 has always sat low. maybe its why i hate whoops so much. never could figure it out.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 sits noticeably lower, and always has, than the 2019 I was parked beside at the dealers.
Salesman was surprised there was so much difference, especially in the rear end.

Ground to top wheel opening:
Front = 39.5”
Rear = 40.5”

That is with 315/70/17’s @ 35f, 32r

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Post the measurements from the ground to the center of each fender for comparison.