2018 Order Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here! Mine arrived in Benicia CA, yesterday morning! Was delayed on a train in Nebraska for 10 days. So stoked to get it. Where at in CA do you live?

ranger22

Reaction score
Mine has been sitting in Mesquite, Tx since at least Thursday, maybe sooner. Expect delivery to dealer any day now.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick recap of what worked and what didn't from my experience of tracking a special order.

TLDR: FP Chat is your best resource if your dealer can't or won't be bothered by your OCD tracking - but don't abuse it. ;)

My dealer was not very forthcoming with updates. In fact I had to wait a few weeks after the VIN was issued to get it from them, That being said - I didn't have any real support from them during the tracking process. Your mileage may vary.

I texted FP using their chat once a week or so on Friday's. All I had was the dealer code which I figured out from fleet.ford.com, order number from my order confirmation sheet and my last name. I never received a DORA and my dealer said they didn't use them and they are outdated - who knows because I never asked again. In the beginning FP Chat's response was basically yes, we see the order - no updates yet. Eventually I found out my build week and that my truck had been picked up for a build and a VIN issued (but they won't disclose the VIN). Once I finally received my VIN from the dealer it was easy to hop on FP chat once a week to follow it. I probably skipped a few weeks here and there leading up to the build week because literally nothing changes.

Once the build happened I saw my VIN show up and eventually populate ETIS. A few days after my build date nothing ever changes on there once it's fully populated. No reason to go back and check it.

My window sticker showed up a few days prior to the build and was updated from time to time via the date at the bottom but I never actually saw any changes on it other than the date.

A week after the build: I could never track because I didn't have the cooperation of the dealer's visibility report that shows the train car but FP Chat was cool enough one day to tell me the truck was in OH. A week later they told me it had landed in Baltimore and was waiting for a truck. At this point I tried to track via the Jack Cooper PALS site but that is totally useless - don't bother.

I also was refreshing the Ford web site every now and then to see if any Raptors would show up at my dealer. You can use the find a specific model vehicle feature on their shopping section. This NEVER HAPPENED. My truck never showed up on my dealers website or ford.com. On paper basically it was a ghost.

That being said my truck never hit raptorfinder.com either and still isn't there today despite me taking delivery last week. I imagine the raptorfinder.com guy is scraping the ford site to populate his DB on a set schedule and since mine never showed up on Ford's find a truck public site, it's never going to show up on raptorfinder.com either. I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that my window sticker says SPECIAL ORDER on it or not.

Hope this helps because there is a lot of information on tracking that maybe used to work but doesn't now.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well mine came in today finally. What are you guys using to upload photos? I used to use photobucket till they became *****.

myung

Reaction score
Truck delivered today, not too far off the original ETA. Sat 100 miles away for a week. My dealer said all their trucks are delivered by convoy from Dearborn and get there in a day but for some reason mine ended up on a train. Loving it so far, shadow black, 802a w/ BL and CF.

Ordered 7/24
Build 9/15
Delivered 10/16

Will try to post some picks after I get it coated with IGL.