GEN 2 2018 CF and BL Orders Delayed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray101381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
placed my order august 10 and got a vin number and build date of 10/30. CF no beadlocks, crew cab 802, tech, pano roof, hood stripes and rear heated seats

Last edited:

achenator

Reaction score
In a conundrum now. Placed an order ( no deposit) last week. Found exact truck I built at a dealer in stock few hours away. My dealer can't guarantee the CF package. This truck has it. I don't mind a couple month wait if I can get the CF package but I don't want to wait indefintiely to only find out I can't get it. I have a good relationship with my local dealer but all this uncertainty is a PITA.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can confirm at least CF package is still being delayed. Ordered my 18 SCREW with 802a and CF package (no BL wheel) on 08/21. Called dealer last week on build date, was told CF is being delayed, I can get one built this month if remove the CF. I choose to wait since I'm in no rush getting it

Got a similar call yesterday regarding CF and BL. Been waiting about 2y for my unicorn fully loaded Scab. I can wait a month or few for my dream package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The DRis

Reaction score
Just got an email that my truck has been pulled for production. I have both BL and CF. I ordered 7/14. I've been patiently waiting as this is what I wanted on my truck. And it's paid off. Expected delivery date last week of November, first week of December.

Panduh

Reaction score
have BL and CF on my truck. Walked into a dealership that had just got it in stock. The CF is amazing - The BL's are kinda stupid looking to me.

bjinc

Reaction score
Just got an email that my truck has been pulled for production. I have both BL and CF. I ordered 7/14. I've been patiently waiting as this is what I wanted on my truck. And it's paid off. Expected delivery date last week of November, first week of December.

I have to assume it's the CF that's most in-demand right now? I ordered my 2018 with BLs and it was pulled for production immediately.

I actually don't understand the demand for it; it says applique, so they're just putting a carbon fiber sticker on your trim? Or is it more substantial than that? I have not seen it in person.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to assume it's the CF that's most in-demand right now? I ordered my 2018 with BLs and it was pulled for production immediately.

I actually don't understand the demand for it; it says applique, so they're just putting a carbon fiber sticker on your trim? Or is it more substantial than that? I have not seen it in person.

Seven pieces of strictly cosmetic, but authentic carbon fiber. Looks nice, but expensive for what it is.

The DRis

Reaction score

It is real carbon fiber. I saw a truck with it and decided I really liked it. Some people are buying the pieces separate and installing them, like the shit knob and accessory door for the middle console. But they are paying close to half of what the entire package costs for just two items, so I figured it wasn't worth doing it after the fact. I like the CF on the knob because it will stand up to wear better than leather.

In the grand scheme of things, $900 on an already $67k truck isn't much. I've been saving for 2 years for this.

bjinc

Reaction score
It is real carbon fiber. I saw a truck with it and decided I really liked it. Some people are buying the pieces separate and installing them, like the shit knob and accessory door for the middle console. But they are paying close to half of what the entire package costs for just two items, so I figured it wasn't worth doing it after the fact. I like the CF on the knob because it will stand up to wear better than leather.

In the grand scheme of things, $900 on an already $67k truck isn't much. I've been saving for 2 years for this.

Ahh - I think that describes the hood and rear decals for me. Not a fan of the rear ones, but I like the front ones. I got annoyed and didn't order them, though, when I saw they were $300 each from the dealership and Ford wanted $1900. $1900 is ridiculous for stickers! The stripes on my Viper were painted on and cost something like $3000. I may get them anyway - I want to look my coolest in the Starbucks drivethrough.

The DRis

Reaction score
Ahh - I think that describes the hood and rear decals for me. Not a fan of the rear ones, but I like the front ones. I got annoyed and didn't order them, though, when I saw they were $300 each from the dealership and Ford wanted $1900. $1900 is ridiculous for stickers! The stripes on my Viper were painted on and cost something like $3000. I may get them anyway - I want to look my coolest in the Starbucks drivethrough.

I didn't go with the stickers because there is absolutely no benefit. However, if you like the front stickers, check out rappygraphics, he sells a lot of stuff that is very affordable.