GEN 2 2018 CF and BL Orders Delayed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you want somthing super odd, or several k under Msrp just walk into your local dealer and pick one up. No reason to order and wait.

Saw mine at the dealer (2018 screw), worked out a MSRP deal, and drove it home a day later. Easy cheesy. Raptors aren’t as hard to get as in the past.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We put in a stock order last week and they were still on constraint (scheduling is roughly a month out) I talked with our rep after we had someone come in wanting us to find them one or possibly use our order but the BL's were a must have. He told me I'd be better off finding one as he did not see the Carbon fiber pkg or BL's coming back anytime soon. I don't understand why they always do this, put a better looking optional wheel on a truck/car/suv and then act surprised when consumers want the optional wheel.

OP
OP
P

Poodles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denver, CO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Southern CA is complete gargabe. Essentially walk in and buy truck at sticker with no issues anywhere else but CA.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

We put in a stock order last week and they were still on constraint (scheduling is roughly a month out) I talked with our rep after we had someone come in wanting us to find them one or possibly use our order but the BL's were a must have. He told me I'd be better off finding one as he did not see the Carbon fiber pkg or BL's coming back anytime soon. I don't understand why they always do this, put a better looking optional wheel on a truck/car/suv and then act surprised when consumers want the optional wheel.

Thanks to an amazing dealer representative, my BL/CF order got pulled with a build date of 11/30. It's a fight but totally possible. I have seen a few trucks around be with both options being delivered as dealer orders, but being in CA i'm happy waiting for mine and saving the markup for the aftermarket and a steak diner for my rep.

achenator

Reaction score

Just texted my dealer GM and he said the same. So aggravating. I have bought something like 15 new cars in the last 8 years or so and this will be the first one I have completely ordered to my spec and all the options I want aren't available.

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Southern CA is complete gargabe. Essentially walk in and buy truck at sticker with no issues anywhere else but CA.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Thanks to an amazing dealer representative, my BL/CF order got pulled with a build date of 11/30. It's a fight but totally possible. I have seen a few trucks around be with both options being delivered as dealer orders, but being in CA i'm happy waiting for mine and saving the markup for the aftermarket and a steak diner for my rep.

Good to hear you are getting yours how you like it! Having a good rep w/ some strings is always a nice thing. Can't complain about ours at all but sometimes the cookies crumble how they do. I just don't understand why they don't use the BL's on all the trucks. I don't know of too many people who are going to complain if the "stock" wheel just went away. We will probably end up putting a new set of rims on it when ours shows up.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Just texted my dealer GM and he said the same. So aggravating. I have bought something like 15 new cars in the last 8 years or so and this will be the first one I have completely ordered to my spec and all the options I want aren't available.

If you are just looking for the wheels there are some take-offs available. We just got one for a bodyshop job. They aren't cheap though, but better than the Ford part price for them.

achenator

Reaction score
I ordered without BL but did get the CF package. My truck will be leadfoot and I like the contrast that the basic wheels offered.

OP
OP
P

Poodles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered TR Beadlocks for my truck when I wasn't sure if it was going to get pulled with BL on the order. Happy to sell them with or without the stock tire senors and tires if anyone really needs them.

Was going to allow for dust collection in my garage otherwise.