2018 B&O Play System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not thrilled with the B+O system in my 2018 and am about to replace the speakers. ITs not awful but just sort of hollow and lacking punch . It definitely sounds noticeably better than my friends Sony system on his 2017 but its easy enough to replace the speakers so ill be going that route

Thanks for another first-hand impression...congrats on the '18, and let us now what you upgrade.

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for another first-hand impression...congrats on the '18, and let us now what you upgrade.

Just finished this and it sounds great!
96d6e999b0ad154298b683f9047532f7.jpg

Rockford fosgate Punch 300w amp
LC2i line level converter (this is the special sauce that makes it boom!)
Pioneer shallow mount 8" sub

Dynomatted the box and added poly fill
8g wire run down passenger side

Plan on replacing speakers with some mid range pioneers

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kicker

I have had several Ford Sony systems, just traded my 17 Sierra with Bose, but decided to go with my gut when ordering my Raptor. So I decided against B&O figuring it wouldn't sound much different than Sony. Instead, I ordered mine with the Kicker sub upgrade. Very noticeable difference over Sony. In my opinion the Kicker sub is worth every penny. Sounds fantastic, even with satellite radio and crappy door speakers. A simple change of the door speakers should make it even that much better.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
See my DIY thread for under 500. From what I can see on the spec sheet... it'll all apply to the B&O system and will be a MAJOR upgrade. Heck it should work even better than on my Sony system because your head unit and amp are higher quality.

What would Fonzie say?

Correctomundo.

Guy’s sub-$500 thread has a pretty detailed map down to the part numbers and what not. I did dynamat on all 4 doors, plus the sub enclosure. In retrospect, I think you would be able to get away with doing dynamat on just the Sub enclosure and continue following Guy’s recipe for audio success. Though I rather like the 300 watts of Kicker 8” sub punch, the outlines of the plan remain the same.

I think the next step is to for scan and change the audio roll off at upper volume levels and “even out” the signal. I think that’s what the settings did.

Not sure if that part will be the same with B&O.

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it sounds good, because that is not what I'd call a professional looking install.

Who cares what it looks like? You really have to cram everything behind that seat. Its a POS sub box with a $75 sub so Im not too worried about it

hunthis

Reaction score
I picked up my 18 last night and I am pretty disappointed in the "upgraded" B&O sound. It makes music feel lifeless and you can't even tell the thing has a subwoofer! Besides that the truck is amazing.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they took pointers from Sony. Lol

Messiah62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the B&O audio, but the Bose in my 2014 Silverado had more bass for sure. The clarity on the B&O seems better.