2018 B&O Play System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wait for the 2020 Raptor I'm sure the sound system will be even better. Just like with every new product, the next one will be even better. Keep waiting and sitting on the sidelines telling buyers what a ****** product they bought.

I've already ordered a 2018, chief. Sorry I hurt your delicate sensibilities by having the temerity to call the Sony system crappy...my bad, after reading all the glowing threads about it on here and other F-150 forums. I got a model year newer, the truck optioned exactly like I wanted, and, hopefully, a better stereo , even marginally, all for MSRP. But thanks for your concern.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've already ordered a 2018, chief. Sorry I hurt your delicate sensibilities by having the temerity to call the Sony system crappy...my bad, after reading all the glowing threads about it on here and other F-150 forums. I got a model year newer, the truck optioned exactly like I wanted, and, hopefully, a better stereo , even marginally, all for MSRP. But thanks for your concern.

I still think you should have waited at least until 2019 models are out. You do know that products are always being improved and since having better than others is important to you 2019 will certainly be better than yours :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think you should have waited at least until 2019 models are out. You do know that products are always being improved and since having better than others is important to you 2019 will certainly be better than yours :ROFLJest:

Well, it took 4 pages to find the jackleg, so congrats.

As I said in my OP, "I was on the fence about buying a late 2017 or ordering a 2018, and the option for a better stock sound system may tip the scales for me." Ergo, I was going to buy a truck now, with the CHOICE between an existing '17 and ordering an '18. Ceteris paribus, I CHOSE to get exactly what I wanted, and, hopefully, a better stereo.

At this point, I don't expect you to understand the obvious. But, at least have the courtesy to remain silent if you don't have a substantive contribution to make (spoiler alert: you don't), instead of simply exposing us all further to your ignorance.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, it took 4 pages to find the jackleg, so congrats.

As I said in my OP, "I was on the fence about buying a late 2017 or ordering a 2018, and the option for a better stock sound system may tip the scales for me." Ergo, I was going to buy a truck now, with the CHOICE between an existing '17 and ordering an '18. Ceteris paribus, I CHOSE to get exactly what I wanted, and, hopefully, a better stereo.

At this point, I don't expect you to understand the obvious. But, at least have the courtesy to remain silent if you don't have a substantive contribution to make (spoiler alert: you don't), instead of simply exposing us all further to your ignorance.

So sensitive! (There was a :ROFLJest: in there but I guessed you missed it). It's all good. You got your Raptor with the B&O system - good for you! Enjoy it and tell us all about it.

The point I was trying to make was buyers can always wait for the next best thing. That's the world we live in. Better stuff replaces the most recent best stuff. Hope you enjoy what you got

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to get everyone on this forum together in a room and see if we all made snarky remarks to each other's faces. Maybe it would turn into a huge rumble! :popcorn:

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So sensitive! (There was a :ROFLJest: in there but I guessed you missed it). It's all good. You got your Raptor with the B&O system - good for you! Enjoy it and tell us all about it.

The point I was trying to make was buyers can always wait for the next best thing. That's the world we live in. Better stuff replaces the most recent best stuff. Hope you enjoy what you got

Thanks for clarifying, and sorry if I overreacted. The tone of your first post was hard to interpret as anything other than critical, and your point had been addressed in my earlier posts. Regardless, I'm looking forward to getting my Raptor and finding out for myself. Worst case, I can do something along the lines of Guy's $500 mods if I really hate it. At my age, I'm not looking to build a true audiophile/competition level system. More than likely, I'll find a tweak/workaround to live with it, like I have with the JBL in my current 1794 Tundra. I would hope it's at least as good as that system, and I wish there was a way to get the Revel system in the Lincolns...that thing is legit for a stock system.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying, and sorry if I overreacted. The tone of your first post was hard to interpret as anything other than critical, and your point had been addressed in my earlier posts. Regardless, I'm looking forward to getting my Raptor and finding out for myself. Worst case, I can do something along the lines of Guy's $500 mods if I really hate it. At my age, I'm not looking to build a true audiophile/competition level system. More than likely, I'll find a tweak/workaround to live with it, like I have with the JBL in my current 1794 Tundra. I would hope it's at least as good as that system, and I wish there was a way to get the Revel system in the Lincolns...that thing is legit for a stock system.

Try a good quality CD (or make your own) and listen to the system; I think the Sony is fine with CDs; Sat Radio is certainly lacking... Do the CD thing with the BO, and I bet it is fine as a factory system. If not, and you want better, it is only few grand and a stereo shop away:crazy:

OP
OP
lawdog

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a good quality CD (or make your own) and listen to the system; I think the Sony is fine with CDs; Sat Radio is certainly lacking... Do the CD thing with the BO, and I bet it is fine as a factory system. If not, and you want better, it is only few grand and a stereo shop away:crazy:

Yeah, I certainly understand the quality of input issue...anyone who says that "satellite radio sounds bad" when talking about a system's performance usually doesn't understand how compressed it is, etc. In my Tundra with the JBL (Harman) system, I can EQ out most of the egregious faults on a real CD, and a pre-equalized signal from my iPod and then EQ'd again can ameliorate most issues with digital sources. I'm just hoping for a better starting point with the B&O system vs. the Sony...one of my friends just got a deal on a '17 Expedition with the Sony system so maybe we'll do an apples to apples comparison with the same sources, etc., when I get my Raptor.