2017 Raptor Weight Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was speaking with a family friend who works at a Ford dealer. I did not order the raptor from this dealer and right now they have 3 available for 15K over MSRP which is a joke. But this gentleman stated that there are some weight issues with the truck and this is causing delays.

Now i know the raptor is somewhere between 6,600 and 7,000 pounds and if i am not mistaking i thought the commercial limit was somewhere around 10,000 lbs. So really if you attach a trailer to the truck you are over that limit and need commercial plates. Can anybody validate if this is a potential production issue. How i see it, there is not much they can do to lighten the truck at this point. For the people who have large trailers im sure they are considering a super duty anyway, but just something new from a ford dealer that i have not heard before. Thoughts?

Wtf. Then what does that mean for Gen1s or any other truck for that matter?

The BS that comes out of dealerships is unbelievable, literally and figuratively. I refuse to believe 90% of what they say, just like the liberal media.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Max GVWR for non commercial license is 25,999 lbs. My Silverado 2500HD weighs 7150 lbs and can tow 12,000 lbs. A Raptor isn't going to be anywhere near that.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im not saying I believe it, I am just relaying what i heard from somebody who works at a dealer. I know Ford would not do something like this, or at least i hope. I just find it humorous that even the dealers have no clue what is going on.

They are making stuff up.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was speaking with a family friend who works at a Ford dealer. I did not order the raptor from this dealer and right now they have 3 available for 15K over MSRP which is a joke. But this gentleman stated that there are some weight issues with the truck and this is causing delays.

Now i know the raptor is somewhere between 6,600 and 7,000 pounds and if i am not mistaking i thought the commercial limit was somewhere around 10,000 lbs. So really if you attach a trailer to the truck you are over that limit and need commercial plates. Can anybody validate if this is a potential production issue. How i see it, there is not much they can do to lighten the truck at this point. For the people who have large trailers im sure they are considering a super duty anyway, but just something new from a ford dealer that i have not heard before. Thoughts?
I'm pretty sure the Gen2 Screw weighs 5,697 lbs. And the Scab weighs 5,525 lbs..

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is fresh out of Detroit Mews-
Because of the joint effort between GM and Ford, lightweight materials utilized in the production of the new Raptor along with the ZL1, they will both weigh about 2300 pounds.