2017 Raptor Transmission Slip & Overheat

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by KyekyeG, Dec 16, 2017.

1. KyekyeG

KyekyeG Member

Keep all your paper work from the dealer. I just had a friend brought up the same issue his was a 3000 miles. I don't know your state laws but if you're in Cali, if you take it in 3 times whether work is done or not for the same issue you have a lemon law case.

smurfslayer. likes this.
  2. mad man

mad man Full Access Member

they replaced the torque converter, and transmission fluid pump , flushed the whole system out, checked all tolerances, good to go. It took 3 weeks. So far so good.

smurfslayer. likes this.
  3. KyekyeG

KyekyeG Member

They did that twice for mine, im helping out a guy in Northern California with the same issue at 4k miles. They just replaced the exact same parts. Took them a month to repair his. Keep those service orders.

smurfslayer. likes this.
  4. Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy Full Access Member

Where is this located?? My tranny is doing weird stuff. Feels like it's slipping, motor making go fast noises but not going anywhere and then it actually starts pulling.

Man, I don't want my truck ripped apart!

5. signalbobby

signalbobby Full Access Member

How in the **** does that happen? Everyone gives Tesla shit about build quality issues but that is just complete fucking ignorance. All that shit is performed and engineered. (Or I hope so). That his couldn't have gone in easy anyway you look at it. Guess its Michigan built. What do you expect. Never have I seen a factory defect or build defects that fucking stupid.