2014 Raptor vs 2014 Sierra Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to go with Pic 1! lol

on a separate note, do you drive down the road with your LED bar on? I see a lot of raptor owners with LED bars can they be used as DRLs or are these LED bars different than what you would see on headlights?

The LED light bars most of us buy are high powered offroad lights, not legal for street use

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to go with Pic 1! lol

on a separate note, do you drive down the road with your LED bar on? I see a lot of raptor owners with LED bars can they be used as DRLs or are these LED bars different than what you would see on headlights?

No way, if there are oncoming cars w/in 1/2 a mile. Aside from inviting a big fat ticket, it's about 20X brighter than my high beams and literally would blind oncoming traffic. No kiddin, it will throw an intense, penetrating flood of light out literally 300 yards, and I got the 9-degree spot beam. Some bars come with combination flood/spot setups, but I went with the spot beam and it is superb (I think I remember it rated at about 21,000 lumens). This throws so much light in front of the truck, I can see up to the top, and color of the trees 150 yards out and to the sides. I do use it on dark roads when there is no oncoming traffic and in the boonies, and I have to admit that I have flashed them at a couple of idiots who just HAD to be where they wanted to be in spite of everyone else. They usually back down when they sense a 747 is landing on their hood. The downside is that when I turn it off on a dark road, the stock headlights look like I'm holding candles up in front of the truck in a cave. The small ones on the sides don't throw much light, so they only go about 25 feet so they are similar to the LED's on newer car headlights.

The bar is actually a hoot to see and use, and wiring was so simple with the upfitter setup in the Raptor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way, if there are oncoming cars w/in 1/2 a mile. Aside from inviting a big fat ticket, it's about 20X brighter than my high beams and literally would blind oncoming traffic. No kiddin, it will throw an intense, penetrating flood of light out literally 300 yards, and I got the 9-degree spot beam. Some bars come with combination flood/spot setups, but I went with the spot beam and it is superb (I think I remember it rated at about 21,000 lumens). This throws so much light in front of the truck, I can see up to the top, and color of the trees 150 yards out and to the sides. I do use it on dark roads when there is no oncoming traffic and in the boonies, and I have to admit that I have flashed them at a couple of idiots who just HAD to be where they wanted to be in spite of everyone else. They usually back down when they sense a 747 is landing on their hood. The downside is that when I turn it off on a dark road, the stock headlights look like I'm holding candles up in front of the truck in a cave. The small ones on the sides don't throw much light, so they only go about 25 feet so they are similar to the LED's on newer car headlights.

The bar is actually a hoot to see and use, and wiring was so simple with the upfitter setup in the Raptor.

That's what I was going to say next is that you probably have it into one of the aux switches and it's just an easy on an off, no drilling holes to mount switches or crazy wiring jobs, it's probably so much nicer than modifying other vehicles. You should have seen the job I did on my car to convert my fog lights to HIDs, I literally have to remove the whole front of the car to get everything set up and cleanly hidden, what a pain it was.

I see that you have the fog LEDs I would probably start with installing them and then determine if I wanted to go with one of the brighter LED bars, I knew that had off-road use, I just thought some could be at a lower power similar to what we see on newer cars for headlights and actually could be used as a DRL or headlight like we see on newer cars. But god I've seen some tractor trailers lit up like christmas trees or like you said 747 landing, what's the difference if we have an LED light bar set up... anyways I'm sure I'll begin to experience some of the pita with modifying as with any other vehicle and getting tickets

Docs Raptor

Reaction score
Although I just got my Raptor a week ago, I have never been so excited to drive any car that I have ever owned, even more than my 03 Cobra. As a first time Raptor owner I wouldn't have chosen any other vehicle. I didn't even consider the Denali because I didn't like the look or feel of it. Plus like someone else said already, if you want to be giddy about driving a truck and get people staring at you while you are smiling and driving..get the Raptor. And from what I read you talked about the Raptor a lot more than the Denali and what you liked about it.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I just got my Raptor a week ago, I have never been so excited to drive any car that I have ever owned, even more than my 03 Cobra. As a first time Raptor owner I wouldn't have chosen any other vehicle. I didn't even consider the Denali because I didn't like the look or feel of it. Plus like someone else said already, if you want to be giddy about driving a truck and get people staring at you while you are smiling and driving..get the Raptor. And from what I read you talked about the Raptor a lot more than the Denali and what you liked about it.

That's how I felt test driving it and it lived up to expectation to. I can't wait to finally place the order, I'm just waiting to get my financials in order at the moment, I just think overall its such a better decision to go with the Raptor than the Denali, I've seen another 5 14' silverados and 14' GMCs since I started this thread, I have seen 0 Raptors driving around I love it, it's unique and its original and there isn't 100 people driving around in V6 versions of my car if you know what I am getting at.

Mjburns78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you are NC. We have bought are last 6 Fords (in 3 yearss) from Jeramie at Huntersville Ford

Love her just the way she is....

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Raleigh, just moved here about 8 months ago, I think huntersville is near charlotte, but I'm not real sure