2014 Raptor vs 2014 Sierra Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Outrage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I noticed right off the bat is that the top of the antenna hits my garage. I found my first mod lol... Short antenna mod or antenna delete mod... any threads or links :)

I instructed my salesperson not to install the antenna. Instead, they left the OEM antenna delivered with the truck in its shipping bag. I installed a CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna once the vehicle was in my garage. I view the Stubby Antenna more as an antenna hole plug than a legitimate antenna due to its small size. If I could get an even smaller plug I would.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done, and congratulations on engagement and the truck! If you thought about your choice in women as much as you analyzed your truck, you'll do great.

Get the stubby antenna. They look cool. I notice mine every time I drive the truck. Also, if you have considered the Ford Premium Care plan, it's kind of expensive, but we've gotten our money's worth. It's a great plan especially with rental car. I rarely do aftermarket warranties, but am glad I did with the truck.

Also, love the Tux Black, it's awesome when clean and in the sunlight.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I instructed my salesperson not to install the antenna. Instead, they left the OEM antenna delivered with the truck in its shipping bag. I installed a CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna once the vehicle was in my garage. I view the Stubby Antenna more as an antenna hole plug than a legitimate antenna due to its small size. If I could get an even smaller plug I would.

this is what i have found works best for me as a plug. might work as an antenna too, im not sure

D

Deleted member 12951

Works for YOU? Didn't think you would admit to something like that on a public forum. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already ordered the stubby from Cravenspeed lol, it didn't take long, I listen to my ipod and the truck apps if I can get that to work lol.

I can tell now there are definitely some mods that will get purchased very soon.

I'm very happy right now though, I just got through pulling off all stickers and plastic wrapping as I told the dealer to not touch it they left everything on it, I had to get nav running myself didn't realize it relies on the sd card completely. It's got some pretty good features that I have noticed so far. Once I get rid of the antenna it will be a perfect fit for the garage.

I'm happy with the purchase and the decision to get married according to her it was long overdue, she's been waiting for the last couple year I know it, but I still surprised her!

shawnt007

Reaction score
I've seen a few people comment on here about towing. I plan on using my 2014 SCREW to tow my double axel travel trailer (6,000 lbs) with weight distribution. Any comments???

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the Screw could tow up to 8000 lbs so I'm assuming it would be fine, but I'm the newbie here

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few people comment on here about towing. I plan on using my 2014 SCREW to tow my double axel travel trailer (6,000 lbs) with weight distribution. Any comments???

I towed a 4,000 lb RV with no problems. But I do have a 5 Star tune from Mike and RPG's National heavy duty springs. With the tune I did not need tow/haul mode and the rear sagged less than an inch with the weight distribution hitch. Not sure how the truck would perform stock.