2014 New Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine the other day- all 16 OEM plugs I took out were the same fine wire irridium plugs, no difference between top and bottom plugs, other than the lower ones were consistently darker colored with more deposits.

Plug change was pretty easy for what it is- I used a standard straight plug socket on every one (no wobble) and various extension lengths/ratchets to find the sweet spot for access on each side plug. The real key is to jack it up by the frame to let the tire droop out so you can get at them from the wheel well. Get plenty of light in there to see what you are doing as well.

Blow the engine off with compressed air outside the garage before you start, way less crap in the garage when you do it again later prior to pulling the top plugs.

I used NGK plugs and I rotated my coils front to back. Coils and boots seemed fine at 55K miles so I reused them. Gaps were starting to open up- about 5 or 6 had freeplay with the feeler gauge.

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford dealer here in SoCal quoted me 580.

My local shop I've taken all my cars to since I've moved here (same manager for the past 7 years too) is going to charge me $328. I think I'm going to get it done. Motorcraft plugs in case anyone is wondering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter