2014 New Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
Just picked up the truck, they left all 16 old plugs and new plug boxes in a bag in the truck. They look to be original to the car. About half of them were out of spec for gap.

The shop seems to have good prices. I asked about rebuilding the shocks, they have a place they send them to up state. Total charge with shipping and install is $680 for all 4 shocks.

I’m satisfied and complete with my 100,000 mile maintenance.

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
Was looking over the spark plugs today before I threw them out and noticed something strange.

8 of them are different from the other 8.

So it’s both CYFS 12 NPG and CFYS 12F which has blue on the top.

Which are the original sparks plugs? Does this mean someone did service on the truck and only replaced 8 of them? I can’t imagine it came with 2 different types from factory

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
That looks like what happened, they must have changed the top half only. The top ones are easy...the lower ones are limiting factor for us yard monkeys. I didn’t find it too hard, just time consuming...my most difficult one was the lower one right side front one next to the shock tower.

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
That looks like what happened, they must have changed the top half only. The top ones are easy...the lower ones are limiting factor for us yard monkeys. I didn’t find it too hard, just time consuming...my most difficult one was the lower one right side front one next to the shock tower.
Hopefully that’s it! Car is idling much smoother now.

Not sure what correct gap is but looks like the ones with Blue on the top we’re gapped at .4 and the all white ones like .5

So I’m guessing the all white ones are the original? I also can’t seem to find that part number anywhere online.

OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
This is how my 2014 came new from the dealer. I assumed that maybe because it was a Roush, that Roush had changed the top or bottoms when they installed the blower.
Interesting....

BTW, Im on NGK LTR7iX (6510) the cooler heat range and have had no issues.

Glad to here it’s something that comes OEM and nothing something a shop just got lazy with. Or worse that the shop who worked on mine just found some plugs laying around and said they changed it lol