2014 New Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrSkunks

Reaction score
Picked up my raptor about a week ago and started doing some fluid changes. Carfax showed a lot of maintenance but the only one missing was spark plugs.

I had taken my truck over to an off road shop to check out my shocks, he checked them out and said they have a 1-2 years left. They must have been rebuilt at some point.

They mentioned they do service items as well, so I asked about spark plugs and they quoted me at $350 for all 16. This is much lower than the dealer, which is at $700, and another shop that had quoted me $500.

Is this suspiciously low or just possible they have lower labor time? What are acceptable plug brands or should I require motor-craft brand?

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

We have a section on our website for maintenance items:
https://www.freedommotorsports.us/c...-ford-raptor-maintenance-recommendations.html

We have sold over a hundred Spark Plug and Wire kits with great reviews. Granatelli wires are unique due to the 0 Ohm resistance, no RFI / EMI interference thanks to patented protector ring and internal solid pellet replacements.

You can use FRFMAINTENANCE11 for a FRF Discount on the packages

We have the NGK 6509 for NA Engines and NGK 6510 for supercharged. Wires are in Red and Blue and you can upgrade the boots and/or sleeves. I do recommend adding the ignition coil boots, I did when I changed mine out as you will be surprised how dirty they are and I had a couple rip on me.

upload_2019-12-12_18-24-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MrSkunks

MrSkunks

Reaction score
Just got back from dropping it off. Confirmed that they use motorcraft plugs

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did the granatelli wires and 6509 plugs via Freedom Motorsports about 1.5 months ago. Did the install on my own. Just need some woblers and extensions maybe a few colds and good to go....It did take me about 2.5 hours all in all. Thanks again Rick!

Don't forget cuss words. I believe that is the essential ingredient in installing those bad boys. It got so bad I was making up cuss words...LOL!