Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

2014 Looking to upgrade from stock exhaust. (SUGGESTIONS?)

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]' started by lvans27, Apr 6, 2019.

Sponsored By: Stainless Works
  1. lvans27

lvans27 Member

My 2014 has about 70k miles on it and looking to buy a new exhaust...Everyone seems conflicted on here but I am leaning towards the Borla Touring exhaust. Any input on that kit or others that make it louder than stock but still bearable?

2. FREEHAVOC

FREEHAVOC Full Access Member

I did the roush side exit on my gen 1 and was a huge fan. Good price and sound was fantastic.

3. ARH1956

ARH1956 Full Access Member

I ended up with the Corsa Extreme after several other systems. It can be stock silent or can scream above 3K rpm at mid-high throttle. And it has ZERO drone at cruising speeds of 60-80 mph.

4. 14Roush

14Roush Member

I've got a 2014 Roush, with rear exit roush exhaust, but don't like the sound. In process now of adding Kooks long tube headers and true dual system. Will advise what I think, as I have a new tune to upload when finished install. The Roush has the one straight muffler, and too tinny and loud for me. I like deep rumble

5. oldfoggy

oldfoggy Member

I put a Borla turing cat back on my 6.2 2010 @ 100k miles. Sounded great and screamed at high rev, but drones @ 70mph and above. The reason for replacement was the stock mufflers rusted.

6. KYmxracer52

KYmxracer52 Full Access Member

I have the Corsa system. Love it. Considered adding headers, but have decided to hold off because I’m afraid of ruining a great sounding system. Bought the MBRP system first. Hated it! The drone was so bad I couldn’t stand to drive it. It had a nice deep tone at idle, but man that thing was louder inside the truck than outside. Couldn’t get it off quick enough.

7. Wfo

Wfo FRF Addict

I loved my stainless works lightning exit catback on my 14.

Gary E likes this.
  8. Glockman

Glockman Member

Definitely let us know how that sounds..!! It's the same thing that I have my eyes on. I've heard that the headers are a real bitch to install on the 6.2L. I'm curious anoia that too and how long it took to install.

9. Gary E

Gary E Full Access Member

Same here. Stainless Works, true dual, lightning style exit with X-pipe and Magnaflows.

10. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT Full Access Member

OP - Because exhaust sound is such a subjective matter/personal preference, see if you can listen to a few different trucks in person first.

Maybe there's a few other raptor's around you with some aftermarket exhaust systems that you can hear before deciding...?