2014 f150 lariat raptor conversion help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hobdog

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help guys. Let’s talk body changes. I found some used front fenders (gen1) and the piece that goes just above the bumper. I’m planning on a aftermarket bumper. I’m curious with the gen1 fenders if I need to have the gen 1 hood or if the stock f150 hood will work?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help guys. Let’s talk body changes. I found some used front fenders (gen1) and the piece that goes just above the bumper. I’m planning on a aftermarket bumper. I’m curious with the gen1 fenders if I need to have the gen 1 hood or if the stock f150 hood will work?
99% Sure it's completely different hood than standard F150. And grille, support, etc. I had a '14 STX work truck and compared to my '13 Raptor the lines are nowhere near, the STX was relatively flat where the Raptor has a rounded curve where the hood and fender meet...

Primez

Reaction score
Gen 1 Fenders and Hood are required together as a set, imo. The OEM non-raptor components will not line up correctly. There are some guys out there that did Raptor hood swaps to regular F150's, but they either look really bad or required extra work to fit. The best bet is to swap the full front end. Fenders, hood, grille, and the headlight/grille front trim piece. They should all bolt-on without any modification.

TurboTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just buy a raptor dude. Your looking at front and rear shocks, upper and lower control arms, tie rods, CV axles, rear axle, leaf springs, spindles, longer brake lines, fenders, bedsides. Also going to need 35s and new wheels because even regular f150 wheels in a 17 inch are a different offset. Because of new fenders you also need a new valence and a new front bumper. Do you want your paint to match? Ok now you gotta paint the truck or get it wrapped. Do you want it to drive normal with the larger tires? Ok now get new gears. And after all that you don't even have off road mode. You are going to spend so much more money converting it than just buying a used gen 1. I was in your boat a few years ago when I was transforming my regular f150. Now I have a raptor. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That would be a big cash layout for a truck. He's got the advantage of using all new parts in any config he wants doing it this way, spending a little at a time.

Some people would rather have a project once a month than a truck payment once a month.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do your thing man, not everyone on the forums will like it but at the very least I will support you and answer as many questions as I can, take measurements and photos from mine, whatever you need.

Primez

Reaction score
I converted mine because I knew I would eventually be replacing half of the OEM Raptor components anyways...

If I bought a Raptor, I would’ve still ended up with...

new rims, 37s, new glass, new bumpers, interior upgrades, performance parts, and likely upgraded suspension anyways. So instead of paying a premium for factory comments that would get replaced, I bought a cheaper truck then put some money into the parts I would’ve wanted in either scenario.

My decision was also made more easily given that I paid 20k for my truck at a time when Gen 1 Raptors were still selling for 40k+.

the cheapest Raptor I found at the time was a high mileage 2010 with the 5.4 and blown head gaskets. They still wanted 27k for it, despite the head leaking antifreeze into the oil :doh2:

OP
OP
H

Hobdog

Reaction score
Okay, I’m finalizing my final order to finish the front end swap and I could use some help with all of the little odds and ends. The tie rod ends and boots. From what I can tell there is no right and left specific part. Tasca, which is where my final order is going through lists only one outer tie rod link on there site but it is labeled left.
Upper and lower control arm bolts and nuts I am also a bit unsure about. For the lowers I believe they list the bolt as a cam bolt which I believe these are used as adjustments for your alignment but I’m not exactly sure of everything I need with those or if there is a better then stock option when using the stock upper control arms.
I also am a bit unsure about the bolts and nuts for the ucas.
Any help or part numbers and quantities would be a great help guys. Hopefully I’ll be putting this thing together in a couple weeks.