Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

2014 6.2 Cranks but no start

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Erik Frolov, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Erik Frolov

Erik Frolov Member

I’m stumped and need your help. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I replaced the fuel pump driver module, did the fuse relocation and had new fuel pump in a month ago. I have a 2014 with 120k miles. P025b is the code that comes up. I hear fuel pump come on, I don’t know what else to look for. “Started” when I sprayed starter fluid so I know it’s not spark. Anyone have this problem before??

2. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

You might have a problem with the harness going into your fuel pump module that you just replaced. Check the connector and make sure the wires are tight and also look for rubbing on the harness. It's an odd one.

3. Erik Frolov

Erik Frolov Member

I checked them, looks solid. If there any other relay or fuse that can be an issue? I flipped #8 relay but no luck. Can I check fuel rail to see if there’s fuel? Maybe fuel pump was faulty? I did drive on new pump for like 3 weeks but who knows

4. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Take a good look at those three plugs coming off the PCM (passenger upper side firewall)

P025B FORD Description
    The fuel pump control module monitors the duty cycle and frequency of the signal it receives from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The fuel pump control module determines if the signal from the PCM on the Fuel Pump Command (FPC) circuit is a valid duty cycle and frequency. If the duty cycle or frequency is invalid, the fuel pump control module sends a 20% duty cycle signal on the fuel pump monitor (FPM) circuit to report the concern to the PCM. The test fails when the fuel pump control module is still reporting that it is receiving an invalid duty cycle or frequency from the PCM after a calibrated amount of time.

5. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

To elaborate on the Description, here are the possible causes:

• FPC circuit open or short to ground
    • FPC circuit short to voltage
    • Radio Frequency Interference or Electromagnetic Interference
    • Damaged Fuel Pump Control Module
    • Damaged PCM
    My suspicion is a pin fit or circuit issue.

BenBB likes this.
  6. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

[​IMG]
    Could always jerry rig up something like this, or just take it to Ford. Hope you find the problem yourself though. Good luck.

Ricoman likes this.
  7. Ricoman

Ricoman Full Access Member

Far fetched,but I have a 2014 6.2L and although mine would start,it ran like shit.....turned out a mouse got into it and chewed an injector wire...so as others said...check harness and wires.

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  8. BenBB

BenBB Full Access Member

And have you followed the harness along the driver’s side frame rail? Factory hangs it low behind the LH front tire, several threads on relocation because of this...

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  9. Murlanboy

Murlanboy Member

I had this problem, it was the computer in mine. I had to buy a new one and get it reprogrammed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk