2013 Unscheduled Clean Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally understand your frustration; I do wonder why I was scheduled before you. It must have something to do with the options or type of body (SCREW vs. SCAB) being built.

Could very well be. I ordered a terrain scab with 801a and a spray in liner. Or allocation for the dealer I ordered from is running thin. The order system at ford blows a bag of *****.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could very well be. I ordered a terrain scab with 801a and a spray in liner. Or allocation for the dealer I ordered from is running thin. The order system at ford blows a bag of *****.

Interesting you mentioned the spray in bed liner as I was going to order that as well. Anyhow my salesman and I were going down the order list and the spray in bed liner came up. And I asked a question on how would the warranty work if there was an issue with the spray in bed liner? Since the dealer does not do spray in bed liners thus they could not fix it at the dealership. My salesmen said that was a good question as he had not come across that situation before. After discussing it a little bit I opted not to order the spray in bed liner I would just get it local as the price was about the same. I wonder if the factory sends the truck out to get the liner sprayed then waits to the get enough orders for the spray in bed liner then schedules them to be built and then send all of the trucks to get sprayed at the same time. Food for thought

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost positive the truck gets sent to the dealer you ordered from without a spray in bedliner, and then the dealer gets it done from a place close to them or wherever they use

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost positive the truck gets sent to the dealer you ordered from without a spray in bedliner, and then the dealer gets it done from a place close to them or wherever they use

Factory ordered spray in is done by the Ford Factory. Dealer is not involved.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My salesman has been there a long time and he said then dont send them out at least at that dealership.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My salesman has been there a long time and he said then dont send them out at least at that dealership.

Just as an FYI, my brother's Raptor came in last week. He ordered a factory spray in bedliner, it arrived at the dealer with the spray in from the factory. It looks very nice, nice gloss on it. However, when it is done at the factory, the material is sprayed right over the bolts in the floor of the bed. All of the after market spray ins I have seen, the bolts were covered before the spray in material was applied.

Zman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as an FYI, my brother's Raptor came in last week. He ordered a factory spray in bedliner, it arrived at the dealer with the spray in from the factory. It looks very nice, nice gloss on it. However, when it is done at the factory, the material is sprayed right over the bolts in the floor of the bed. All of the after market spray ins I have seen, the bolts were covered before the spray in material was applied.

I am friends with a guy that owns a Line-x. I asked him about the factory ford spray in.

Here are the facts Jack:

It is a version of Line-x
It is sprayed over bed bolts
It is sprayed thinner than what you would get done at a Line- x dealer
If you have a warranty issue dealer will more than likely take to a LineX dealer for repair

I ordered without and will be doing a Bedrug or Line x, if I ever get my truck that is.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ford has the absolute worst SCM/MIS/DBMS system. I waited 16 weeks...that's right...16 weeks to get scheduled. I know the "unscheduled clean" all too well. I finally have a build week, VIN, and ETA. It sucks boys, but it'll be worth it. Details are in my signature if you want to see the dates.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford has the absolute worst SCM/MIS/DBMS system. I waited 16 weeks...that's right...16 weeks to get scheduled. I know the "unscheduled clean" all too well. I finally have a build week, VIN, and ETA. It sucks boys, but it'll be worth it. Details are in my signature if you want to see the dates.

It might be that you will have the very last 2013 Raptor produced. Now that would be cool.