2013 SVT Raptor Shock Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared Stone

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to Raptors and I am looking to buy a 2013 SVT Raptor. I think it has different shocks than stock, I wanted some expert opinions on what these are. I think they are 3.0's. If they are, is that better than the stock ones? Thanks in advance.

tempImagefVNH74.png

tempImagejycpGa.png

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those shocks are not stockers. The springs look like eibachs maybe. I don’t know if it’s “better” than stock or not without knowing their history and if they have been rebuilt not.
How does the truck ride?

OP
OP
J

Jared Stone

Reaction score
I have only drive one other one with 140k on it and stock shocks had not been rebuilt, felt a little rough. These felt better but not like clouds. I guess I am saying I am not sure how they should ride. The tires on this truck are a mud tires and you could feel them at slow speeds. So it was a little hard to tell. I did go over some dips and speed bumps and it was still amazing.

Marspool

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy enough to get shocks rebuilt or replaced. Upgraded leafs in the rear will help with the cloud feeling. Mud tires are cool for sure, but can make the ride a little rough.

OP
OP
J

Jared Stone

Reaction score
Yeah I have looked up some places that rebuilt them. I was just wanting to know the starting point of these shocks. If they are not as good as stock then I would buy rebuilt stock but if they are better then I would rebuild these. Oh I forgot to say this truck I am looking at only has 110k so I imagine they only have 30-40k on them. It is at a small dealer and they bought it at auction, so they don't know. Thanks for replying man I appreciate it. I have been overlooking these truck for so long they are awesome!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Yes, those are better than stock. Gen 1 rules! You probably need those rebuilt if she's been rode hard. Good luck!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they look like 3.0 to me. i see the remote reservoir for the fronts. definitely get these rebuilt, or at least checked. also add a bump stop kit in the rear, and new leaf springs if you are going to fix and upgrade everything. the new leafs will be a huge difference. the bump stop kit will be protection.

OP
OP
J

Jared Stone

Reaction score
Thanks guys it seems like a good deal, I think I am going to have a ford dealer or ford trained mechanic look at it. has anyone had transmission problems?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys it seems like a good deal, I think I am going to have a ford dealer or ford trained mechanic look at it. has anyone had transmission problems?
lead frame was the major issue. trucks would suddenly downshift, lots of lights on dash, lost tach, etc. all related to the lead frame. its a very simple fix if it hasnt been done yet