2013 SVT Raptor Shock Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are most definitely fox 3.0s and they are way better than stock. Also you do not necessarily need to rebuild them. If they ride like shit or are leaking oil then yes rebuild, but more than likely they are fine. Btw 3.0s are a 6k upgrade

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have looked up some places that rebuilt them. I was just wanting to know the starting point of these shocks. If they are not as good as stock then I would buy rebuilt stock but if they are better then I would rebuild these. Oh I forgot to say this truck I am looking at only has 110k so I imagine they only have 30-40k on them. It is at a small dealer and they bought it at auction, so they don't know. Thanks for replying man I appreciate it. I have been overlooking these truck for so long they are awesome!
As @CoronaRaptor said, you'll want to have them rebuilt. They are better than stock. It is worth pointing out that heavily off-roaded shocks will only last 30k and mildly about 50k. I think this shocks (see what I did there) people new to off-road a bit that are used to cars and light trucks that go 150k+ miles. The beauty is these can be rebuilt instead of replacing; downside being that rebuilding costs the same as replacing ****** shocks.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys it seems like a good deal, I think I am going to have a ford dealer or ford trained mechanic look at it. has anyone had transmission problems?

Bought a preowned Gen 1 last year, and did a trans drain/fill and filter change at 100k miles. The truck never had transmission issues, but it definitely shifts smoother with (mostly) new fluid and filter. Highly recommend if you do purchase a truck, especially with higher miles.

And as everyone else has said, those are Fox 3.0 shocks. They are much better than the factory Fox 2.5’s, but you should budget some funds to have them rebuilt, since you don’t know the life that they’ve lived.

OP
OP
J

Jared Stone

Reaction score
Thanks guy for the good info and advice. I haven't got it yet, called a ford dealer to schedule an appointment to have it check out. But now I have to leave for a couple days (20th year anniversary) wife wants to go to New Orleans. Anyway One of the rear shocks looks like it is leaking a tiny bit so I guess a rebuild it warranted. I will work that into the negotiations of the price.
MrGable27 that is great advice I think I will change all the fluids when I get it.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guy for the good info and advice. I haven't got it yet, called a ford dealer to schedule an appointment to have it check out. But now I have to leave for a couple days (20th year anniversary) wife wants to go to New Orleans. Anyway One of the rear shocks looks like it is leaking a tiny bit so I guess a rebuild it warranted. I will work that into the negotiations of the price.
MrGable27 that is great advice I think I will change all the fluids when I get it.

Post some pics when you get it!