2013 Raptor Rear shock mount Failure (fox 3.0)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's happened to others before, it's obviously a weak point on the Raptor.

Without knowing what caused it, its a bit harsh to make this statement. I thought the Raptor had hardened steel shock mounts from the F350?

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear shocks are tuned by the adjustment valves on the end of the tubes. You can set them however you want.

To the OP, how did you **** your truck?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Any shock can be tuned, even the factory OEM shocks that comes standard on raptors can be tuned internally. Because a shock has no outboard or visible adjusters does not man that it cannot be tuned. Adjusting a shock ( rebound/ compression) is not the only way a shock can be tuned or adjusted.
The internals of a shock and be changed, altered and modified, everything from piston, valves, stacks and different oils.

Last edited:

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was one of the weak points SVT guys found. It was supposedly reinforced or they used heavier metal or something. Obviously it is pushing the envelope for the upper mount with the way we are modifying them and running them.
Just one more strengthening place for the suspensions we are running.
I want to raise my 3.0's up so the bottom mount is on the axle and the top mount will have to be higher also eliminating the upper mount all together. I just don't' want to have a cage if I can keep from it. I'm looking at some sort of add on to the frame on the inside of the fender but will probably have to cut a hole for the shock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc