2013 now or 2014 whenever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidelock

Reaction score
FYI:
Just to let you know if interested. There's a loaded 2013 SCREW, red, that's been sitting on the lot at a local dealer (Bob Thomas Ford) in Hamden, CT since October.
I looked at it then but not my color. Don't know what they'll ask for it but you might want to check it out since it's not that far from you. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
ninjazed

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The less than positive update:

The 2014 Raptor dealer that I originally ordered from told me "we have allocation, we just don't know when we'll get it". WTF does that mean? I don't know but I cancelled that order and got my deposit back. Enough BS was enough already!

The 2013 dealer that I was in negotiation with turned into a greedy bastard. The salesman and I were close to a deal but then the GM got involved and wanted another $500. My original deal was closer to MSRP than invoice so my request of $1500. off the sticker wasn't at all unreasonable to me. The deal fell through because I'm not willing to settle for only $1000 off this particular truck. The Raptor is a beautiful ride but a 2013 model is still a leftover in my book. If I'm only gonna get $1000 off the price I'd rather it be on a 2014 model.

So I'm back to square one. **** me. Oh well, more time for me to add to my down-payment war chest. Somethings bound to turn up, right?

MS Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ninjazed
Sorry you are having such a bad time. The deal about your old dealer telling you they have allocation is suspect. I ordered my truck 11/13 knowing my dealer didn't have allocation but they would get allocation in 2014. My ordered got pulled today and truck is being built week of Feb 10th. I don't know how far you are willing to travel but a lot of people here are ordering through Louisburg Ford in MO and getting their trucks rather quickly. In fact I had talked to Louisburg about ordering my Raptor from them even though I am in MS. I would have saved a lot of $$$ even with the cost of travel.

Last edited:

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The less than positive update:

The 2014 Raptor dealer that I originally ordered from told me "we have allocation, we just don't know when we'll get it". WTF does that mean? I don't know but I cancelled that order and got my deposit back. Enough BS was enough already!

The 2013 dealer that I was in negotiation with turned into a greedy bastard. The salesman and I were close to a deal but then the GM got involved and wanted another $500. My original deal was closer to MSRP than invoice so my request of $1500. off the sticker wasn't at all unreasonable to me. The deal fell through because I'm not willing to settle for only $1000 off this particular truck. The Raptor is a beautiful ride but a 2013 model is still a leftover in my book. If I'm only gonna get $1000 off the price I'd rather it be on a 2014 model.

So I'm back to square one. **** me. Oh well, more time for me to add to my down-payment war chest. Somethings bound to turn up, right?

What color were you looking for?

OP
OP
ninjazed

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color were you looking for?

Oxford white SCab

I didn't answer you the first time because my inner skeptic believed it quite possible that certain dealers monitor these forums. Well if the one I've been sparring with reads this thread, he better believe I'm already walking. I know these Raptors are hard to get but the fact that so many on this site have been able to purchase at or near invoice has me motivated to keep looking.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know of a dealer in PA that will sell you a Raptor for $500 over invoice without any huge doc fees. I did it all over e-mail and 2 phone calls. They were honest with me on the time frame. They are a hike from Jersey (I'm in SE Pa and am traveling to pick it up). Let me know if you want more info.

OP
OP
ninjazed

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up FullAuto. I'm a free agent at this point so I'd love info on a dealer that doesn't want to rake me over the coals for a Raptor. I don't mind traveling either.