2013 now or 2014 whenever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I know opinions are like a-holes but I'm gonna ask anyhow. I had a 2014 Raptor ordered and the dealer I ordered from was less than candid about their allocation. The truck I ordered in October originally scheduled for a February delivery now looks like it won't arrive until late spring or early summer. Here's my dilemma, I found a brand new 2013 model that is equipped almost identically to the one I originally ordered.

So, do I wait and wait for a 2014 or pull the hook on this available 2013? I know there's not a ton of differences but the "bird in the hand" is already a model year old and that dealer isn't inclined to come off MSRP too much. I don't know what I'm gonna do yet but I thought I'd ask you folks since there's more Raptor experience on these forums then I have. Thanks all.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go for it as long as they don't try and **** you on the price. You'll get your Raptor now. Like you said there isn't many differences between the two.

D

Deleted member 12951

Guess the question is the 2014 less than the 2013 since you have to pay MSRP on the 2013? Not sure what kind of deal you made on your ordered 2014 Raptor. Resale will be better on the 2014 but if you plan on keeping it for a long time that will eventually not matter. If the price is the same and resale doesn't matter then I would probably get the 2013.

OP
OP
ninjazed

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Just to clarify, the 2013 dealer decided to negotiate after I told him his MSRP wouldn't fly and I walked out. So he wants to play games? I then made a counter offer. If they accept it on Tuesday, I may get two more add-ons valued at approx. $1500. on a 2013 model for about the same price I was quoted for the 2014 that may or may not show up. Other than the two extras, the 2013 is exacty like the one that i ordered. I really wanted a 2014 but this sounds like as decent a deal as I'm gonna get in this part of the country for a new Raptor that currently exists. BTW, the original dealer did a search for what I wanted in dealer stock. The closest match he found was in Texas somewhere. Cool state but too far to travel at this point. My current truck is 24 years old this month so if I keep this Raptor half as long as that, the 1 year difference in models shouldn't matter too much. If it sounds like I'm talking myself into it, I am. Thanks again for the input.

D

Deleted member 12951

Well if the deals are close and you are going to keep it 20 years, then I would go with the 2013 and get it now but I bet that dealer won't bite on your offer, they like games.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd prefer to save the 5K and order at invoice. If no one was selling at invoice, it would be a different story but since they are, why not wait and save the money. How about Van Bortel in NY? Whatever you do, I wouldn't dally because we all know with pretty high certainty that there won't be a 2015 Raptor!

chiefy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd stick with the 2014 better resale value. If I'm not mistaken the only real difference between 13 and 14 is the SE option?

OP
OP
ninjazed

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Great link and great comparisons between the model years. There really isn't any major changes in the 2014 that I can see so if I'm able to strike a reasonable deal for a brand new 2013 model.....I'll still be a winner!

Now, does this dealer with a 2013 in stock want to be reasonable or greedy? I'll have to wait till Tuesday to find out. It's gonna suck but I'll walk from that truck and just keep on waiting if the dealer plays hardball. That's how I roll. I hate my stubbornness sometimes because I need a new truck. No really, my GMC started making grinding noises from the rear the other day. She's tired and longs to be retired. I would love to oblige but my new vehicle is playing hard to get!

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great link and great comparisons between the model years. There really isn't any major changes in the 2014 that I can see so if I'm able to strike a reasonable deal for a brand new 2013 model.....I'll still be a winner!

Now, does this dealer with a 2013 in stock want to be reasonable or greedy? I'll have to wait till Tuesday to find out. It's gonna suck but I'll walk from that truck and just keep on waiting if the dealer plays hardball. That's how I roll. I hate my stubbornness sometimes because I need a new truck. No really, my GMC started making grinding noises from the rear the other day. She's tired and longs to be retired. I would love to oblige but my new vehicle is playing hard to get!

What color are you looking for? Screw or Scab??