2013 NAV problem.. blinking circle on screen..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ramx50

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at my NAV again today and noticed it is off by about 1/4 mile from my true location. I already tried taking out the card and I reset the SYNC system back to default settings then I reinstalled the card with no luck.

Is their a way to reset the NAV to try to fix this or is it a dealer only reset? I looked in the book and their is nothing listed on how to reset or troubleshoot the NAV

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey are you stalking me???? j/k

That screen shot is just down the street from my work.....

It's just down the street from my work too. I purposely turned towards Boston because I knew that was the location you gave when you signed up here!

All NAV software is the same regardless of year, I have a 2011. MFT and sync are not part of the NAV software, these systems just control everything.

OP
OP
ramx50

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just down the street from my work too. I purposely turned towards Boston because I knew that was the location you gave when you signed up here!

All NAV software is the same regardless of year, I have a 2011. MFT and sync are not part of the NAV software, these systems just control everything.

Thats funny, I live in Wakefield but I work at 155 Andover St

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in Amesbury and work out of Lynnfield.
I stopped at Kappy's on my way home. That's where I took the Picture of my Nav screen.

Last edited:

jgwrubble

Reaction score
I just looked at my NAV again today and noticed it is off by about 1/4 mile from my true location. I already tried taking out the card and I reset the SYNC system back to default settings then I reinstalled the card with no luck.

Is their a way to reset the NAV to try to fix this or is it a dealer only reset? I looked in the book and their is nothing listed on how to reset or troubleshoot the NAV

I have the same problem. Works fine sometimes and other times it may show the vehicle way off the road in water. Did you ever find a resolution?

OP
OP
ramx50

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Works fine sometimes and other times it may show the vehicle way off the road in water. Did you ever find a resolution?

Not yet, I went by the dealership and they said they were expecting an up date soon from Ford to correct the problem..

Reagansa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't figured out how to turn it off (would love to) but I do know what it is. It is an accuracy ring. Similar to that used in aircraft displays. Your actual location should be within the circle. Not sure it that fits all the comments above but that's what it should mean. I don't use nav that much but when I do I'm normally at a zoom level that makes the actual bug big enough that "I'm on road I'm supposed to be on".

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet, I went by the dealership and they said they were expecting an up date soon from Ford to correct the problem..

I have the same issue on my '13 as well...drives me crazy. Mine is anywhere from 1/10 to 1/4 off at times (not all the time) and will sometimes take miles to correct itself.