2013 MFT Strikes Again!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not as many problems in the aftermarket stereo world. mainly because these manufacturers rely on having bt connectivity to sell the radio so they make it compatible with anything. also, since these companies dont give a crap about microsoft or apple, it makes their product less susceptible to issues from different changes.

ios 6... it seems with every ios update there have been bt issues. first major one was 4.3.3 then it was 5 then 5.1 and now 6. i have o clue why though

So basically Ford and MS don't give a shit about the Customer having a working product...

OP
OP
linnwgetin

linnwgetin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it ended up being the phone the last time.....but the first time was a radio module that had to be replaced.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got in my truck on Saturday and when I fired it up, it told me that there was no SD card in the Nav slot. I checked and it sure enough was there. I removed the card and re-inserted it. Same message. I pulled the card for about 5 minutes and turned the truck off for a couple minutes. This time, the MFT froze entirely and continued playing music, but I couldn't change the channel or anything. Waited about a minute and it rebooted itself. Then I inserted the SD card and it loaded itself up correctly. No more problems the rest of the weekend and none before that either.

(I have the updated SD card, got it a couple weeks ago)

Charlies Ride

Reaction score
I had the update done today. No problems so far, but the phone was not connected..."ADD PHONE". So now I have to figure out how to reconnect phone. Didn't notice it until I left the dealership. I was told that the update was for MFT to correct issues with the sound with hands free phone, freeze up and a new Nav update. There are suppose to be issues with both with the old version.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys should update to a 8-Track deck like I have. Works great, click to next track (you will get used to it)

randy

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with my dealer on the a4 sd card, they do not send the SD card directly to me. The update can be found on the web but I think you need the A4 card also. I will be there tomarrow. If I get any new info I will post. I am sure "every dealer" does it a bit different.

Why do they even have the syncmyride site up if we cannot do it ourselves.Send us the card and let us update ourselves.

And yes I know, maybe get the truck in there for service. $$$$

Randy can you add anything?

Night_Stalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just did this the other day going down the highway just turned off and would not turn on. So I put truck in neutral and turn truck off then back on. The radio came back on after it showed the sync screen with the loading bar.