2013 MFT Strikes Again!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linnwgetin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my 2013 Raptor since 11/01/12 and have 460 miles on it and the MFT just froze the radio. All quadrants of the screen work perfect except the radio it is stuck in the off position and will not turn on. Wont work with the touchscreen or the power button on the knob. In the bottom red bar it used to say entertainment now it is blank.

Called the dealer and they are sending me the new update for the F150 MFT on a zip drive, as well as the newest navigation SD card, so I will update as soon as it comes in.

I was super impressed with MFT until this happened. Bums me out big time.......:banghead:

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got contacted by my dealership this morning about a recall being done on the MFT system on 2013's. They didn't elaborate on if it was product-line wide or specific to the Raptor.

My brother took mine in today and had the software update installed. I've not had any problems with mine as of yet (11-01-12 purchase and 318 miles), but the dealership was pretty certain I needed the update. They said it was supposed to help "freezing issues" with the system. *shrug*

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i picked up my truck today, and when they were inserting the card, it was not reading. the sales lady went back and got the new updated version and everything went fine. she told me that this was a brand new update. my truck arrived thursday and with it was the older version on the sd card, so this had to be within the last couple weeks that this update came out

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i picked up my truck today, and when they were inserting the card, it was not reading. the sales lady went back and got the new updated version and everything went fine. she told me that this was a brand new update. my truck arrived thursday and with it was the older version on the sd card, so this had to be within the last couple weeks that this update came out

Busa got his truck...:happy160::happy160:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busa got his truck!!!!!

Yeah...he is playing it cool too...can you believe it...now the post count is going to warp speed...

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Was the sales lady hot?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when they update the MFT do they update the whole truck PCM or just the MFT????
its just through the sd card and the radio. it doesnt do anything with the rest of the vehicle

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Was the sales lady hot?

yes she was, but it is SVTCALI's girlfriend