2013 HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every night on my way to work I get on coming vehicles flashing there lights at me thinking i have hi-beams on, which i do not. Its gotten to the point now that anyone who flashes me gets it back, and boy do they regret that... lol

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A light bar will definitely help but then you have to turn it off everytime an oncoming car comes. I love my HID's and think they work great. I will take pics of them tonight for you.

SpeedyV10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every night on my way to work I get on coming vehicles flashing there lights at me thinking i have hi-beams on, which i do not. Its gotten to the point now that anyone who flashes me gets it back, and boy do they regret that... lol

Somebody 'Brighted' me for the first time last night. I let 'em have it for just a couple of seconds. I am sure that they were seeing stars for a minute or two after that! :shocked:

OP
OP
F

FatalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, a neighbor of mine has a 2011 Raptor and said the lights aren't that great so I was hoping the HIDs were a major upgrade in terms of light improvement.

mrmojoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got the truck and the HIDs came on I thought they were high beams, then when I clicked the high beams I thought it was daytime.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For you 2013 owners with the HID's, I was wondering how bright the hi-beams are? Does the light intensity get brighter or does the light angle simply change? Is the light adequate or do you want more light? Thanks.
There is no difference in the intensity between low & high beam. On low beam there is a shield that blocks off about 1/2 of the projector beam, on high beam the shield flips out of the way to allow the entire beam to be exposed.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

About LED Light Bars. I have the Vision-X 21" Xmitter Xtreme LED light bar in the lower grill, @ 17,748 lumens it is crazy bright. Since it is my only auxiliary light I chose to wire it to both Upfitter 1 & Upfitter 2. I used a relay inline with the Upfitter 1 1 wire that is controlled by the high beam switch. When Upfitter 1 is on, anytime I hit the high beams the LED light bar comes on with them. When I go back to low beams the light bar cuts off as well. Upfitter 2 is wired to the output side of the relay, directly to the LED light bar so that it comes on with or without the headlights on.

M1919A2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard - that in falling snow - the HIDs are really bad!

Comments?

Thanks in advance.