2013 Headlight Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Ever since I installed these PIAA bulbs a few months ago, I've been having intermittent problems with one (or both) of the bulbs not igniting when turned on.

This forced me to physically get out of the truck each time I turned the headlight switch on and make sure they both worked.
On a recent road trip out of my home state, it took 3-4 tries before either of the bulbs ignited. This really concerned me and made my decision to revert back to OEM bulbs.

I really did like the light output color of the PIAA's, but I can't trust them for any sort of reliability.
Overall, I would be very hesitant to recommend these to anyone due to apparent cheap or weak ignitors in the PIAA bulbs.

thank you for the update. Let's hope there is a solution soon so that we can reliably upgrade to a more aesthetically pleasing color temp.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a huge waste of money to me.. Cool factor is SQUAT to me. You could have spent a little more and sent the lights to Raptor Retrofit for a REAL set of lights. The 55w Osram bulbs in the FXR projector will make the current set up seem like a stock 2011 model...

The PIAA stuff is way over priced and never performs. People pay for the blue color why--I have no idea. The HID 6k is wasting the ability of your lights to put the most amount of lumens on the road. When Osram comes out with that bulb in a 5k then maybe... If you want more light will have to go to a higher wattage power supply.. Put some light cannons in the bumper openings Then you can see down the road!!!

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a huge waste of money to me.. Cool factor is SQUAT to me. You could have spent a little more and sent the lights to Raptor Retrofit for a REAL set of lights. The 55w Osram bulbs in the FXR projector will make the current set up seem like a stock 2011 model...

The PIAA stuff is way over priced and never performs. People pay for the blue color why--I have no idea. The HID 6k is wasting the ability of your lights to put the most amount of lumens on the road. When Osram comes out with that bulb in a 5k then maybe... If you want more light will have to go to a higher wattage power supply.. Put some light cannons in the bumper openings Then you can see down the road!!!

Boss, you make excellent points. The issue is not light output. I have plenty of that. The OEM color is brown compared to the rest of my LED lights of which i have plenty. I use my headlights as Daytime Running Lights along with my LED fog lights. I like the look and it give me a sense of others can see me from far away, like Neptune :). I run a full set of aftermarket HIDs on my other trucks and I would like to do the same with this Raptor. Like you said, it's a waste of money right now until Osram has a bulb that will work nicely with the OEM setup for the 2013.

Thanks,

A

krypt0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After my negative experience with the previously mentioned PIAA bulbs, I decided I couldn't handle the yellowish light from the OEM bulbs I had resorted back to.
I really wanted something to better match the Dually D2's color and ended up getting Blesk 5000k D3S bulbs.
It turns out these are actually D2S bulbs with D3S adapter/housing ignitor; very nice.

So far they have worked perfectly and match the color of my white D2's quite nicely
If these ever start to flicker, not ignite properly, etc, I'm going to buy these PHILIPS 6000k Ultinon bulbs

I didn't take any new pictures, but can if people are interested.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
After my negative experience with the previously mentioned PIAA bulbs, I decided I couldn't handle the yellowish light from the OEM bulbs I had resorted back to.
I really wanted something to better match the Dually D2's color and ended up getting Blesk 5000k D3S bulbs.
It turns out these are actually D2S bulbs with D3S adapter/housing ignitor; very nice.

So far they have worked perfectly and match the color of my white D2's quite nicely
If these ever start to flicker, not ignite properly, etc, I'm going to buy these PHILIPS 6000k Ultinon bulbs

I didn't take any new pictures, but can if people are interested.

What did you have to do to make them work in our housing, if anything?

And pics would be great :)

krypt0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take some pics when I get some free time.

These bulbs are a direct fit replacement for OEM and install exactly like regular D3S bulbs.

They just happen to be D2S bulbs plugged into D3S "base", but look and install exactly the same as OEM/D3S

2008fx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take some pics when I get some free time.

These bulbs are a direct fit replacement for OEM and install exactly like regular D3S bulbs.

They just happen to be D2S bulbs plugged into D3S "base", but look and install exactly the same as OEM/D3S

any issues with the flickering over bumps with the blesk bulbs?