2013 to 2012 Headlight Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WellingtonB

Reaction score
We have two First Gens in the household (his/hers). My 2012 is my daily driver and her 2013 is her antique shopper truck. I went to swap the headlights from the 2013 to the 2012 because they’re much better (upgraded I’m sure) and found it was not a clear swap. The headlights and bolt placement are identical but everything else such as the bulb plugs and wiring are entirely different. Is there a reasonable method to swap?

FYI - the 2013 is hardly driven and never at night. I need the good lights on the 2012.

OP
OP
WellingtonB

WellingtonB

Reaction score
Two for Two No's on a Monday. Should've started a thread on Tuesday...

I have nobody to blame but myself. I should've started with two 2013 Raptors and I wouldn't be in this mess.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
WellingtonB

WellingtonB

Reaction score
Morimoto Tech Support states that yes, you can use their conversion kit to install the 2013 lights into the 2012. Unfortunately, you cannot install the 2012 lights into the 2013 and we can't leave that one without headlights...

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morimoto Tech Support states that yes, you can use their conversion kit to install the 2013 lights into the 2012. Unfortunately, you cannot install the 2012 lights into the 2013 and we can't leave that one without headlights...
If nothing else, maybe you can find a used set of '13-'14 headlights on Marketplace or a nearby junk yard.

Or just buy a cheap set of HID-compatible aftermarkets off Ebay.

OP
OP
WellingtonB

WellingtonB

Reaction score
I did consider that, but I was hoping for essentially a free swap. What's the point of having two Raptors if you can't switch outfits every now and then?

Last edited: