2013 Driver door latch issue!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my latch problems checked out by the dealer yesterday. Here is what the service notes say...

3595 FOUND DOOR LATCH ASSEMBLY STICKING CAUSE OF EXCESSIVE DIRT IN LATCH. APPLIED GREASE TO ALL 4 DOOR LATCHES AND NOW DOOR HANDLE DOES NOT STICK WHEN TRY OPENING DOOR. CUSTOMERS CONCERN HAS BEEN SOLVED.

I call ********, because the second time I tried to open the door the issue occurred. The service manager told me they had cleaned and lubed all 4 doors. I'm thinking I'll have to take it back and tell them that it's some sort of alignment/adjustment issue?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr_Pain

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my latch problems checked out by the dealer yesterday. Here is what the service notes say...

3595 FOUND DOOR LATCH ASSEMBLY STICKING CAUSE OF EXCESSIVE DIRT IN LATCH. APPLIED GREASE TO ALL 4 DOOR LATCHES AND NOW DOOR HANDLE DOES NOT STICK WHEN TRY OPENING DOOR. CUSTOMERS CONCERN HAS BEEN SOLVED.

I call ********, because the second time I tried to open the door the issue occurred. The service manager told me they had cleaned and lubed all 4 doors. I'm thinking I'll have to take it back and tell them that it's some sort of alignment/adjustment issue?

I have had ZERO issues since they replaced the latch, adjusted the linkage and made adjustment to the actuator. I am serious when I say that now when I unlock the truck it does it with confidence and with a serious THUMP

They can clean and lube a ****..... if it is a ****, it is a ****!

I took video of the issue, brought links to website forum discussing the issue... and spoke with confidence when I told them they needed to fix it. :beatdeadhorse5:

They saw I was serious. They offered a rental free of charge and kept updating me a couple of times a day. I was doubtful they were going to fix it because they said that they had never been able to reproduce the problem but spoke with Ford and opted to replace the latch anyways.

kjbeggs

Reaction score
Ha! I got so used to the (intentional) double-pull on my 535i that it took this happening on my truck a few times before I realized it was even an issue! I'm going to have to keep track of it the next few days and try to get it fixed while on Christmas vacation.

OP
OP
Dr_Pain

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to keep you guys updated, I am still trouble free and the door tick never came back .... woohoo!!!!

P.S. mpg stayed the same LOL!

HarleyGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had the same problem with our 2013, right from the show room floor. They replaced the door latch mechanism and haven't had a problem since.