2013-2014 Raptors Sync 2 -> Sync 3 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you opt for nav? i was looking at this yesterday but not sure if I'll get nav since i can just use android auto.

Yea I opted for Navigation. Wanted to keep it the same apples to apples.
Infotainment.com will give you a little discount if your LE or Military. You'll have to mention it...when you call them up
NavTV as well they will give you a little discount if your LE or Military. Again you'll have to ask them for it when you call them up.

If I'm successful....on the Install and the Front Camera works as I think it will. I'll be selling my Old Nav-TV module that was installed on my Sync2

jgwoody

Reaction score
Hi, my front camera worked until I upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0. Is there something I need to do or just downgrade back to 2.0?

Just try the steps I mentioned a couple posts up (enabling backup camera delay). Should work for you. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgwoody

Reaction score
did you opt for nav? i was looking at this yesterday but not sure if I'll get nav since i can just use android auto.

I opted for Nav too. Bought one off eBay and didn’t cost much more than non-nav. I use Apple CarPlay 99% of the time, but it’s nice to know you have backup maps in case you’re somewhere without cell service (off-roading), lose your phone on a trip, or if you’re like me, live on the gulf coast of Texas and have to evacuate during hurricanes and the evacuation highways become “no cell service clusterf*ck traffic jams” lol. I’d def vote to get it.

roboman

Reaction score
Just try the steps I mentioned a couple posts up (enabling backup camera delay). Should work for you. Let me know

Ok, so I got it going with the steps from earlier. Works with 3.0. There has to be a setting that was changed during the upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0, because it worked as it should before. Now as mentioned, it only works up to 5mph. After all this time, has anyone heard if there is a fix to this?

jgwoody

Reaction score
P.S. For you super nerds out there Sync 3 has been jail broken.
https://www.fordhacks.com/news

They have not released too many details (the how-to). They just keep giving teasers on what they've been able to do with it unlocked.

I was waiting for something like this. I’ve always been a fan of jailbroken devices, I figured a demand for something as popular as Sync would be great. I notice they’re using a version 3.4... I wonder if that’s because they’re in (what appears to be) Italy? Anyone else here in the US have anything above 3.0?