2012 Raptor Info Hitting News Stands March 28th?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello all!

Thought I would post on this site also:

Spied Teaser: 2012 Ford SVT Raptor | Spy Photos Blog & Discussions at Truck Trend Magazine

It looks as though Ford will be making some modest updates to the F-150 SVT Raptor, as we've just spied a manufacturer-plated test vehicle with new LED daytime running lights.

The white light strips on this test truck supplement the existing LEDs within the front bumper and fenders. Because of the truck's extra track width, it has to adhere to federal regulations mandating illuminated markers. The front LED daytime running lamps use durable, bright lights that consume up to 70-percent-less power than conventional incandescent bulbs. Other future improvements may include an electronic locking front differential for increased capability in low-speed off-road maneuvers. A front e-locker is available for the limited-edition Ford Racing Raptor XT prerunner. The 411-horsepower, 6.2-liter V-8 is expected to remain the sole engine choice.

We can't show you the full images at the moment but you can see it in our upcoming May/June 2011 issue, set to hit news stands on March 28th, 2011.
2012-ford-raptor-head-light.jpg

OH, THIS IS SO ******* (Just wanted to voice it this way for once) NICE NOT TO BE BABYSAT and told what I can and cannot do!!!!

Thanx to MXrider38 for inviting me here!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure yet. Made an agreement with the wife last fall when we bought her Durango that once that is paid off I'm going to get my dream truck...

Well, paid it off this week!!!! :drool:

Now, need to save up a little more money for a good down stroke on a new Raptor and trying to decide if I bother waiting for '12 or not. Would LOVE Race Red but wouldn't need to wait.

I'm a little nervous about the "CLUNK" and I think that is what's preventing the "BuyItNow" scenario.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure yet. Made an agreement with the wife last fall when we bought her Durango that once that is paid off I'm going to get my dream truck...

Now, need to save up a little more money for a good down stroke on a new Raptor and trying to decide if I bother waiting for '12 or not. Would LOVE Race Red but wouldn't need to wait.

I'm a little nervous about the "CLUNK" and I think that is what's preventing the "BuyItNow" scenario.

If they for sure are making a 2012 why not wait.... You have waited this far. Plus a front locker would be awesome! not a big fan of the LEDs looks like autozone put them on

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you are waiting to save a little more money for the down payment I would just wait for the 2012s.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Well you know its a prototype because ford doesn't use led strips like audi, they have that light strip thing like on the fiesta and taurus. Its not as nice.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they for sure are making a 2012 why not wait.... You have waited this far. Plus a front locker would be awesome! not a big fan of the LEDs looks like autozone put them on

Don't know tha the front elocker would do me any good as I'm not going to be running 99 mph across the desert anytime soon since I'm in MN... I use to go four-wheeling in El Paso 15 years ago and fell in love with it but nothing extreme. Just Novice stuff...

(Honestly, I'm dumb when it comes to what it does. I'm purchasing this rig soley on the looks and uniqueness. I hope to learn how to apply Raptor's capability in offroad situations after I take ownership.)

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the front locker leds up front cooled seats and who knows what other little things they will add. the front locker will probably be better for mudding and rock crawling than anything.